Montreal
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
24-11-2020
AOR Received.
24-11-2020
Med's Done....
20-02-2022
To be able to show the funds for meeting the PoF requirement, held in an account under the spouse’s name only, the applicant must prove that they have access to the funds. This can me done by the spouse executing an affidavit affirming that the funds held in the spouse’s account can be used by the applicant for the purpose of meeting the PoF requirements.

What is the format/sample affidavit one can use for such kind of Affidavit ?

Maverick28

VIP Member
Feb 5, 2017
Canada
To be able to show the funds for meeting the PoF requirement, held in an account under the spouse’s name only, the applicant must prove that they have access to the funds. This can me done by the spouse executing an affidavit affirming that the funds held in the spouse’s account can be used by the applicant for the purpose of meeting the PoF requirements.

May be something like below:

Affidavit

AFFIDAVIT OF [SPOUSE NAME]

I, NAME, wife of / husband of, [NAME], married on [DATE], swear or affirm the following:

1. That I have an account in my name, bearing number [ACCOUNT NUMBER], with the Bank of [], located in [], [].

2. That I have no objection in my spouse using the fund in the said account for the sole purpose of settlement in Canada after our immigration application is approved.

3. That I have willingly provided the bank account details and other information to meet the proof of funds requirement as required by the Immigration, Refugee, Citizenship, Canada (“IRCC”).

4. That I have approximately $[], available in the bank account, and the funds are unencumbered.

Bacelor

Oct 20, 2017

Dear to prove power of accessing someone else property or accounts it should be done through a governmental entity probably a notary public in a justice department in order to be official.
Maybe just writing a letter is not enough, some times it is called A Lasting/General Power of Attorney (LPA, GPO, POA) (search it on you tube using your country name) or a delegation of authority or adeed conveyance whatever is the name the paper should grants the holder to sell buy use someone's else property or money legaly. I believe you should not need a lawyer only both of you present infront a public notary to make the agreement. However this might vary according to applicable home rules.

You might need an affidavit only if you cannot obtain this paper in english because maybe the government do not provide the service in english so you translate it into English with an affidavit translator right before you see the notary public if applicable to avoid double fees. Or just rectify both the original document and the translated one

Hope i got you right
GL

Last edited:

rahul.ahuja

Mar 15, 2017
Toronto
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Montreal
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
24-11-2020
AOR Received.
24-11-2020
Med's Done....
20-02-2022
May be something like below:

Affidavit

AFFIDAVIT OF [SPOUSE NAME]

I, NAME, wife of / husband of, [NAME], married on [DATE], swear or affirm the following:

1. That I have an account in my name, bearing number [ACCOUNT NUMBER], with the Bank of [], located in [], [].

2. That I have no objection in my spouse using the fund in the said account for the sole purpose of settlement in Canada after our immigration application is approved.

3. That I have willingly provided the bank account details and other information to meet the proof of funds requirement as required by the Immigration, Refugee, Citizenship, Canada (“IRCC”).

4. That I have approximately $[], available in the bank account, and the funds are unencumbered.
Thanks