Affidavit template - Work Experience

Ufa6174

Sep 27, 2015
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi all,

Can somebody share the wording of the affidavit they've used in lieu of the official experience letter from their employer? I didn't find any around here, I intend to post the one I create when I'm done with it for guidance to others. Though would be useful to hear from other members, preferably who have gotten PR and had relied on this letter.

Thanks

yogigal

Star Member
Jul 5, 2015
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-07-2015
Ufa6174 said:
Hi all,

Can somebody share the wording of the affidavit they've used in lieu of the official experience letter from their employer? I didn't find any around here, I intend to post the one I create when I'm done with it for guidance to others. Though would be useful to hear from other members, preferably who have gotten PR and had relied on this letter.

Thanks
Are you self attesting that you have done all the duties or is it a notarized document that your former boss will also sign?
The format and nature of the affidavit will depend on this data point.

Here's a post that guided me through the process http://www.fsw2014.info/reference-letter-problems/

Couple of points
1. ensure that all the details of your employment are covered such as dates of employment, duration , nature - full time / part time with X hours / week , your job title and the job duties in a way that matches the wording of the NOC you are applying under.
2. If the affidavit is going to be signed by your former boss it should have the following details about him
a. current designation [ also scan a copy of his / her business card]
b. reporting relationship
c. their designation
d. Office address
e. Their approx tenure at the company [ not mandatory but its credible if your former boss has been at the company for a longer time]
f. Their contact info such as email and phone number, on the affidavit as well.
3. Your job duties
4. An attestation that the details are true to the best of your knowledge / your boss's knowledge.
5. Your current address / location . Same for your boss.

Hope this helps.

Reactions: Devesh12

Ufa6174

Sep 27, 2015
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thanks yogigal.

I'll be using 2 affidavits to explain my job duties in 2 different companies. The companies have provided me with the standard Letters of Experience, where they do not mention duties (1 also doesn't mention pay and working hours).

The affidavits will be signed by ex-colleagues. It'll be just easier for me to chase these people to get the letters notarized due to personal relationship than getting my ex-bosses to do it. Problem is these ex-colleagues did not work in the same department/ unit as I did. Hoping that this won't be an issue.

deyka

Star Member
Oct 4, 2014
uk
Category........
Visa Office......
london
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-09-2014
Ufa6174 said:
Thanks yogigal.

I'll be using 2 affidavits to explain my job duties in 2 different companies. The companies have provided me with the standard Letters of Experience, where they do not mention duties (1 also doesn't mention pay and working hours).

The affidavits will be signed by ex-colleagues. It'll be just easier for me to chase these people to get the letters notarized due to personal relationship than getting my ex-bosses to do it. Problem is these ex-colleagues did not work in the same department/ unit as I did. Hoping that this won't be an issue.
please ensure that you don't do a self declaration...it should be from your manager . I have seen quite a few rejection due to self decleration....I don't think there is an issue even if they are your colleagues..

Ufa6174

Sep 27, 2015
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
deyka said:
please ensure that you don't do a self declaration...it should be from your manager . I have seen quite a few rejection due to self decleration....I don't think there is an issue even if they are your colleagues..
Yeah ex-colleagues. Definitely not a self-declaration.

Ufa6174

Sep 27, 2015
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Just great. The Notary Public doesn't accept English affidavits. More work for me!

Ufa6174

Sep 27, 2015
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Anyone has anything to share?

nis4

Star Member
Nov 16, 2015
Hi Yogigal and ufa6174,

I really need your advice about this experience letter dilemna. Infosys HR have refised to provide letter as expected and have also written that no employee is authorized to provide. I was hoping to get it from my TL who is still working in Infosys. But given the HRs reply , i think including it now wohld be contradictory
I am thinking i now have three options :
1) submit a statutory declartion by self (not recommended as i can see above)
2) submit TL letter regardless and say that since employees are not authorized to provide, it is not on the letterhead.
3) get a letter from an ex colleague who does not work in infosys anymore but we worked on the same projects when in infosys.

Please advise

amaski93

Jul 1, 2020
Why self - declared affidavit is not acceptable ?
If company is closed around 15 years back and no-one is available to provide the sign.