+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Advice on how to proceed pls.

Dan247

Jun 10, 2022
Please I need answers, I am about to apply for a Canadian PR through express entry but have the following concerns.

1, I left the US after an overstay (I am going to disclose this as it will be obvious in my travel history)
2, I got married while in the US to an American citizen but the marriage hasn‘t been dissolved yet because I cant locate her to sign the divorce papers. I still can’t reach her.

I plan to disclose all in my application. However, my fear is will the fact that I can’t get her to do a medical exam affect my application? Also if I get a lawyer in America to start the divorce proceedings and submit same to IRCC informing them of an ongoing divorce proceeding, hence my inability to get her to do medicals and my not providing for her in my POF, will it affect my application?

I intend to apply ss separated as that is my current status, hence I will be applying solely on my own merit, she is contributing nothing to the application. I will be unaccompanied.

I would appreciate advice on how to proceed so as not to destroy my chance. Thanks.