+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Advice on choosing the law firm

Jan 20, 2015
Hello all!
I am planning to migrate to Canada and due to my already hectic I.T schedule, I prefer to go via an authorized consultant. I am interested in employing law firms based out of Canada. I am 29, Software engineer with 7 years experience and will be travelling with my spouse & kid.

I checked with Cohen law firm and their quote came to around USD 1990 (Submission of application into pool) + USD 1500 (To proceed with PR filing in case I am selected from the pool). Does all agencies charge this kind of consultation fee? Is it reasonable?

From my understanding other fees include the below.

Attorney fees (To Agency): USD 1990 + 1500 which is approx CAD 4220
Primary applicant application fee (Government): CAD 550
Primary applicant final fee (Government): CAD 490
Spouse application fee (Government): CAD 550
Spouse final fee (Government): CAD 490
Child fee (Government): CAD 150

Total: CAD 6450 or USD 5340

I wanted to know if my expense calculation is correct or did I miss anything? I understand that the IELTS exam, courier, attestation fees etc are extra.

Kindly advice on good law firms based out of Canada who can help me with the process in a reasonable rate.

Thanks
Thomas ;D

doubleym

Jan 6, 2015
thomaskoipuram said:
Hello all!
I am planning to migrate to Canada and due to my already hectic I.T schedule, I prefer to go via an authorized consultant. I am interested in employing law firms based out of Canada. I am 29, Software engineer with 7 years experience and will be travelling with my spouse & kid.

I checked with Cohen law firm and their quote came to around USD 1990 (Submission of application into pool) + USD 1500 (To proceed with PR filing in case I am selected from the pool). Does all agencies charge this kind of consultation fee? Is it reasonable?

From my understanding other fees include the below.

Attorney fees (To Agency): USD 1990 + 1500 which is approx CAD 4220
Child fee (Government): CAD 150

Total: CAD 6450 or USD 5340

I wanted to know if my expense calculation is correct or did I miss anything? I understand that the IELTS exam, courier, attestation fees etc are extra.

Kindly advice on good law firms based out of Canada who can help me with the process in a reasonable rate.

Thanks
Thomas ;D
You have two sets of applicant fees there, is the $550 for PNP?
There is no fee to create and submit a profile, the only fee you'd pay would be the $490 each + $150 for your child upon submission of your PR application after you've received an ITA.

Also, you probably already know this but you really don't need to hire a lawyer for EE...

Jan 20, 2015
Dear doubleym,
The fee of $550 each is for Permanent resident visa for FSW (www(.)cic.gc.ca/english/information/fees/fees.asp).

doubleym

Jan 6, 2015
thomaskoipuram said:
Dear doubleym,
The fee of $550 each is for Permanent resident visa for FSW (www(.)cic.gc.ca/english/information/fees/fees.asp).
Aha, I had forgotten about the RPRF..