+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Advice Needed! PGWP to be renewed for mths in June'11, Can i submit CEC?

aba_bab

Star Member
Mar 18, 2011
Hi all,

I've found a lot of advice on this forum extremely useful. I was wondering if someone could give me advice on my situation

I was issued with a PGWP in April 2009. It was issued to be till June 2011 because my passport was expiring in June 2011, but it mentions in the PGWP that it will renewed to reflect the full 3 years since issue once I renew my passport (I did a 4 yr undergraduate program in University). My question is as follows:

I have the required work hours etc. But should I wait for my work permit to get renewed to submit my PR application through the CEC class? Or can I submit it, and proceed to renew my PGWP and just inform the CIC of the changes?

I ask for the following because If I can put in my PR application soon, I'll have more time for my application to get processed. If I wait to renew my PGWP, it'll waste a few months because right now my passport will get renewed (1 week from today roughly) and then I would need to send my PGWP to get renewed from Buffalo (last time took 2 months), and THEN I'll be able to apply (July-ish). I'm thinking if I can go ahead and submit my PR application via the CEC straight away, and then just inform the CIC of the changes, then that would be great since my new permit will probably only be extended till April 2012.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
12-Jul-2011 (received 25-Jul-2011)
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
If you are eligible now, apply now. You are not even required to inform CIC about a new work permit after you apply (believe me, they will know).