+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

advice is needed urgently

leroi2017

Sep 9, 2017
hello ;

I have an expired PR on may 2015 , where I didn't meet the 730 days stay in Canada. initially I landed in Mar 2010 and got my PR for myself , wife and daughter . unfortunately I was not able to find a job there so I returned to Saudi Arabia as I got a job there and since that time was not thinking about moving back to Canada .I have another son and daughter who were born in Saudi and in the mean time I am thinking to go back to Canada , is there any way to go back there with my expired PR !!! if I have a US visa can I enter Canada by car or public transportation with Landing document !!!
is it possible to apply for immigration while I have an expired PR !!!

your help and advice is highly appreciated .

Regards ,

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
hello ;

I have an expired PR on may 2015 , where I didn't meet the 730 days stay in Canada. initially I landed in Mar 2010 and got my PR for myself , wife and daughter . unfortunately I was not able to find a job there so I returned to Saudi Arabia as I got a job there and since that time was not thinking about moving back to Canada .I have another son and daughter who were born in Saudi and in the mean time I am thinking to go back to Canada , is there any way to go back there with my expired PR !!! if I have a US visa can I enter Canada by car or public transportation with Landing document !!!
is it possible to apply for immigration while I have an expired PR !!!

your help and advice is highly appreciated .

Regards ,
Hi

With 7 years outside of Canada and an expired PR card, you have little chance of being able to enter without being reported, resulting in your status being revoked. On the very slight chance that you aren't reported upon entry, you will be required to remain in Canada for 2 straight years without leaving to once again be in compliance with the Residency Obligation. During these 2 years, you may face issues getting health coverage, a driver's license, etc. You will also not be able to sponsor your younger children until you meet the RO; if they are not able to get TRVs to come to Canada as visitors, you will be separated from your family for 2 years.

If you want to apply for PR afresh, you and your other PR family members will need to first renounce your status

leroi2017

Sep 9, 2017
Hi Canuck ;

Thanx a lot for your reply. I know it's almost impossible not being reported ...
I heard some guys had entered on foot from USA borders with only proof of landing document, and they were in . But to be honest being away from the family for 2 years is too much otherwise I would give it a chance. What I need to know even if they gonna report me , I still can enter Canada !!!

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Hi Canuck ;

Thanx a lot for your reply. I know it's almost impossible not being reported ...
I heard some guys had entered on foot from USA borders with only proof of landing document, and they were in . But to be honest being away from the family for 2 years is too much otherwise I would give it a chance. What I need to know even if they gonna report me , I still can enter Canada !!!
You can still enter Canada if reported but can expect your PR status to be revoked in a month and you will be ordered to leave.

Rob_TO

VIP Member
Nov 7, 2012
Toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Seoul, Korea
App. Filed.......
13-07-2012
AOR Received.
18-08-2012
File Transfer...
21-08-2012
Med's Done....
Sent with App
Passport Req..
N/R - Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
30-10-2012
LANDED..........
16-11-2012
Hi Canuck ;

Yes even if reported you can enter Canada, as you will have I think 30 days to decide if you will accept the revoking of your PR status, or would choose to appeal it.

If you accept the revoking of PR status, you would then lose status and be asked to leave Canada.

If you appeal, then you'll be given a 1-year temporary PR card to use while waiting for your appeal date. You can't sponsor your family at this time. To be honest appealing is probably a big waste of time since it would most likely end in rejection since you don't have any H&C reasons for not meeting the RO, remaining outside Canada all this time was your own family's personal choice. Work/employment reasons do not count as H&C.

And as mentioned even if you did enter without being reported, you would need to stay here and possibly be separated from your family for 2 straight years.

Seems like a lose-lose either way.