+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Advice for continuing education for PR

hs1999

May 25, 2023
Hi!
I came as a fresher with no work experience to Toronto, Canada in September 2022 to study for a 1 year Masters in Management degree. I will be graduating in August 2023, and considering the current shape of the job market, I was thinking of doing a Post Graduate Diploma to qualify for a 3-year PGWP. I have some questions -

1) Is a PG diploma after a Masters degree a no-no?
2) Considering I don't have work experience back in India, I won't qualify for the FSW stream correct? + No points for Express Entry?
3) Is my decision overall a wise one? Considering all aspects of the current job market, economy, and the benefit of a 3-year PGWP?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hi!
I came as a fresher with no work experience to Toronto, Canada in September 2022 to study for a 1 year Masters in Management degree. I will be graduating in August 2023, and considering the current shape of the job market, I was thinking of doing a Post Graduate Diploma to qualify for a 3-year PGWP. I have some questions -

2) Considering I don't have work experience back in India, I won't qualify for the FSW stream correct? + No points for Express Entry?
3) Is my decision overall a wise one? Considering all aspects of the current job market, economy, and the benefit of a 3-year PGWP?
1) You can certainly to it. Nothing wrong with that. I think you are wise to take another program to qualify for a 3 year PGWP.
2) Correct.
3) I think getting a 3 year PGWP is a wise choice.

tumblewit

Jun 3, 2021
India
Category........
FSW
Hi!

There is a masters degree stream for Ontario. You probably will get a PR just like that even if you had no work permit.