Admission in Universities with IELTS General

furqanali59

Feb 29, 2012
Islamabad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
IELTS Request
10-12-2011
Guys I have done IELTS General, Can i use it for getting admission in Universities of Canada.
KIndly reply?

sikanderv

Star Member
Jun 5, 2011
Hyderabad
Category........
Visa Office......
Hyderabad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-07-2014
IELTS Request
8 overall (R9 L8.5 S7.5 W7)
File Transfer...
25-07-2014
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
19-06-2014
Passport Req..
With application
VISA ISSUED...
21-08-2014
LANDED..........
Yet to decide
furqanali59 said:
I don't think so. But you may write to the universities you are interested in to find out if they accept or not. You'll get a response within 2-3 working days typically.

ks32

Aug 3, 2014
This may be on an unrelated note, but to whoever else who views this thread wondering about IELTS, here's how I got admission without doing any IELTS.

I had done the SAT I (general) exam and scored 1900+, written an essay for a competition which I submitted, submitted a recommendation letter from one of my teachers commending my written and oral communication in English, quoted having done O'Levels and A'Levels in an British curriculum school.

All this allowed me to waive the IELTS requirement and carry on with my application. I had to personally send an e-mail to them about this and included all these details along with a bit of explanation WHY I did not want to take the exam. (financial reasons)

AS FOR YOU:
Almost all universities accept the ACADEMIC IELTS (by almost all, I mean all the universities I know of take academic IELTS). Make of that what you will. I would recommend doing the Academic test since it'll make it easier for you to apply to any university around the world, provided you have the required score! :)