+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Adition of spouse, is this right?

applicant4

Jul 6, 2015
Hello everyone

My husband added me to his PR application (in processing); he is doing his papers with a lawyer but unfortunately this lawyer has a lot of work and don´t know if they are handling everything as expected (there have been some prior mistakes). That is why I am writing as would like to have more information about the process. Once we received the PR number we sent my forms and the other papers, they answered on june 12 saying that everything was ok, so they would forward a copy to CIC and CIC will respond with the mailing address where to send the papers (where my husband application is being processed), and they would confirm by email when the application is mailed. After waiting to know something from them we wrote on june 30 to know how everything was going they anwsered just until today july 6th, "There are no updates to report at this time. CIC has received electronic copies of your forms and we are waiting for CIC to confirm where original documents must be mailed. This can take a month or so for a response".

Is this true? is this the way to do the process? they waited until all the papers were ready and sent to them to tell CIC about marital status change saying that they needed to e-mail the forms but what I have seen is that you first notify and then mail the papers. does it really take a month for CIC to provide an adress where to send the papers?

Please help us, I am worried because I knew once they receive the papers it will take some time to check the information but I did not know that to send the papers we had to wait too. In 6 days it will be already a month since the lawyer received the papers and still no advance on the application. Thank you very much for any info you can give me!