+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Additional information Required

Mar 8, 2023
Hello All,

hope some of you have experienced my situation, so please provide me possible action items to the letter I have received from IRCC.

I have applied TR to PR in 2021 both for myself and my wife and my son (wife and son are currently located in India) and I have been receiving few updates from IRCC asking me to provide additional information. I have provided them on time.

In Dec 2022 I have already provided all additional information to the queries and satisfying the queries. However, today I have received another update in IRCC portal stating the below.

Letter of Explanation: Please confirm that you would like to have your spouse and children as “non-accompanying” on your TRPR application. By listing them as non-accompanying you indicate that you understand they will not be becoming a Permanent Resident with you should your TRPR application be approved. Instead, you will have to submit a new Permanent Resident application for your spouse and children through the Family Class program. The processing times for this program can be up to 12 months or more. If you would still like your spouse and children to remain “non-accompanying” on your application please indicate so in your letter. This letter should be dated and signed. This must be received at this office by: 2023/03/15
 The requested information/document(s) must be received within 7 days from the date of this letter.

I want both my wife and my son to be here with me in Canada. I have submitted all information like, medicals, educational documents, police clearance, and other supporting documents along with my profile.

May I know why the reviewer is asking me to sign the letter stating "spouse and children as "non-accompanying" on my TRPR application".
How should I act on this situation.

Appreciate your time in looking into my thread.
Thanks