+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Additional Family Information - I'm immigrating alone

koyagimai

Jun 3, 2014
Hello my dearest Canadavisa community,

I submitted my PR application through Express Entry, under CEC category.

Recently I was asked to provide IMM 5406 (family information.) I wasn't sure whether I should list my immediate family as I'm immigrating alone. I don't have any spouse, common-law partner or kids. I only have my parents and a sister, all of them are in Japan. The form doesn't specify if I should or not, so I researched myself (you know, CIC call centre doesn't always provide the exact answer we want) and found that I should list my family although they are not accompanying. They need the information for the background check and future reference. For example, I might want to invite them in future.

So I submitted the PDF with my family information and realized that I didn't provide that information in my initial application. So basically there's a contradiction.

My friend said I'm asked for this info because CIC found that information just empty/missing, so this will not be considered as misrepresentation, but what if it that wasn't the case?? As you could imagine I'm pretty anxious about this. I hope I'm over concerned, but I should be prepared for the worst case.

I really appreciate your feedback. Below is my timeline if it helps (it's been pretty quick):

Aug. 21st - ITA (470 pts, lowest 456)
Sep. 28 - Took upfront Medical Exam & X-ray
Oct. 16 - Submitted Application - AOR
Oct. 23 - CELPIP Request, provided within a few days
Oct. 27 - Medical Passed, background check started
Nov. 6 - Request letter for Police Certificate received (because I'm from Japan), provided within a few days
Nov. 25 - IMM 5406 requested, provided within a few days

Thank you,

JoacRy

Champion Member
Oct 23, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Well congratulations on getting the ITA. Thanks for the information. I am also immigrating by myself. I only included my details in the EE profile as my parents and brother are happily settled in other countries. Are you suggesting I include my parents and brothers details in my EE profile?

duckirha

Sep 21, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra, Ghana
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
25-09-2015 SINP
Med's Done....
06-10-2015
I was requested additional family information (marital status of me and my spouse family's members) on Nov 13. They didn't tell me which form I have to submit, but IMM5406E form can indicate the marital status of family members. Although I filled up all family member info in the eAPR online form properly, but there were no entry field for marital status.

I was requested this info but I was not provided any option or link in the designated placeholder page to attach the forms. I had only 7 days to submit which is over. I sent a CSE with LOE, and additional family information forms. Still now I didn't get any response for my CSE.

You have submitted your family information, so no need to be worried. maybe family info was missing or you didn't provide, but you have provided now. I think it will not be a problem. Best of luck.

duckirha

Sep 21, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra, Ghana
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
25-09-2015 SINP
Med's Done....
06-10-2015
I was requested additional family information (marital status of me and my spouse family's members) on Nov 13. They didn't tell me which form I have to submit, but IMM5406E form can indicate the marital status of family members. Although I filled up all family member info in the eAPR online form properly, but there were no entry field for marital status.

I was requested this info but I was not provided any option or link in the designated placeholder page to attach the forms. I had only 7 days to submit which is over. I sent a CSE with LOE, and additional family information forms. Still now I didn't get any response for my CSE.

You have submitted your family information, so no need to be worried. maybe family info was missing or you didn't provide, but you have provided now. I think it will not be a problem. Best of luck.

yelena

May 8, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
JoacRy said:
Well congratulations on getting the ITA. Thanks for the information. I am also immigrating by myself. I only included my details in the EE profile as my parents and brother are happily settled in other countries. Are you suggesting I include my parents and brothers details in my EE profile?
why havent you included everyone in you profile? It clearly states that you need to include everyone, and in the information spaces, among other things there is a : date of death. I would immagine this would be "a clue" that you need to include your familly members even if they are not accompanying you.

JoacRy

Champion Member
Oct 23, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi Yelena, when I look at the EE profile, it says to include the details of all persons 'immigrating to Canada' (this includes yourself). As I am the only person intending to immigrate to Canada I only included my details.

I was thinking it may be different in terms of what you have to complete after getting an ITA. I haven't got an ITA as yet.