+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Adding spouse after PPR through OINP route

ptayal

Dec 18, 2023
Hi folks,

I got a PPR recently. Before that I had gotten nomination through OINP. My score before nomination was 481. I am planning to get married, and am aware that score recalculation is not done after AOR. If I was married after NOI from Ontario, my score would have fallen below OINP cutoff. I want to confirm if no score recalculation is done even through the OINP route. Would I need to inform both IRCC, and OINP in this case? Or would my contact just be with IRCC?

Thanks a lot !!

Miss bee

VIP Member
Mar 24, 2020
Hi folks,

I got a PPR recently. Before that I had gotten nomination through OINP. My score before nomination was 481. I am planning to get married, and am aware that score recalculation is not done after AOR. If I was married after NOI from Ontario, my score would have fallen below OINP cutoff. I want to confirm if no score recalculation is done even through the OINP route. Would I need to inform both IRCC, and OINP in this case? Or would my contact just be with IRCC?

Thanks a lot !!
If you already got PNP nomination and you already applied for PR application, you need to tell IRCC right away through webform. Your score won’t be recalculated and you don’t need to tell PNP office. You need to send webform right away and tell them .
They will respond you with following reply.
Good day ,

Thank you for contacting Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC).

We wish to thank you for your patience and to inform you that the information you have provided has been forwarded to the responsible office.

Your file should be reviewed shortly.

We hope the information provided is helpful in assisting you with your enquiry.
To add spouse please send us following documents.