+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Adding spouse after medical

Kazi50

Sep 18, 2010
Hi

I am in a complicated situation. need help from you guys.

All my processing have been done and I got the passport call. By this time I got married. Now they want my wife's document. I dont know how long it gonna take for processing my application again. anyone have any idea?
would it be better not to accompany my wife to make it faster.
I heared that they made new regulation of false marriage. they can even reject the application. But I am 100% genuine. I dont even want to accompany my wife if needed.
your suggestions will be greatly appreciated

thanks
Kazi

lynw

Jul 1, 2010
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, Australia
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-06-2010
AOR Received.
29-07-2010
File Transfer...
29-07-2010
Med's Done....
17-05-2010
Passport Req..
25-08-2010
VISA ISSUED...
20-09-2010
LANDED..........
23-09-2010
Could you please explain more? I don't really understand the circumstances here.

Kazi50

Sep 18, 2010
I applied single. and my processing is almost done. I got the passport call. however, In the mean time I got married and they are asking for my wife's document not my passport any more. I am just wondering how long it gonna take to process my wife's document and is there any complicacy in processing her document

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

Kazi50 said:
I applied single. and my processing is almost done. I got the passport call. however, In the mean time I got married and they are asking for my wife's document not my passport any more. I am just wondering how long it gonna take to process my wife's document and is there any complicacy in processing her document
CIC/CHC will have to do the criminal records checks, background checks, she will have to wait until medical instructions are issued, and it is quite possible that you will require a new medical as yours will probably be over a year old, by the time her processing is finished.

canadianwoman

VIP Member
Nov 6, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra, Ghana
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-01-2008
Interview........
05-05-2009
It's better to just let the visa officer process your wife's documents now. It will delay your landing a bit, but it is the fastest way for both of you to get into Canada. If you don't add her now, you could sponsor her later, but that will take longer. In any case, she has to have the medical done now.
What country are you and she from?

beauhoe

Champion Member
May 24, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Kazi50 said:
Hi

I am in a complicated situation. need help from you guys.

All my processing have been done and I got the passport call. By this time I got married. Now they want my wife's document. I dont know how long it gonna take for processing my application again. anyone have any idea?
would it be better not to accompany my wife to make it faster.
I heared that they made new regulation of false marriage. they can even reject the application. But I am 100% genuine. I dont even want to accompany my wife if needed.
your suggestions will be greatly appreciated

thanks
Kazi
Dear friend,
I am sorry for your situation... I do believe that you would like to come here as soon as possible, however, once you get married your situation has changed and your wife have to submit all the documents as you did. She will go through all the steps including background check, police clearance as well as medical. It is hard but it is the best way to guaranty a peaceful future with your love one. During this time please make sure that she did not get pregnant because if she does, you have to wait until the baby is born. I wish you the best of luck and hope that you will do what is best for your family.
Cheers,