+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Adding a child to the PR Express Entry application

eeprofile1

Jan 30, 2018
I have created my express entry profile 2 months back and submitted in the pool.

At that time I have included my first kid as dependent in the form. A month back I had my second baby born. Now I have 2 dependent kids, but only first kid's information is included in the form. We dont have my second baby's passport created yet.
  • Is it required to add my second baby's information in the form that I submitted in the express entry pool?
  • What if I dont add her name now? Is that possible to get her visa once I get the PR?

langoorbandar

Star Member
Jun 14, 2017
Bay Area, USA
Visa Office......
Ottawa
I have created my express entry profile 2 months back and submitted in the pool.

At that time I have included my first kid as dependent in the form. A month back I had my second baby born. Now I have 2 dependent kids, but only first kid's information is included in the form. We dont have my second baby's passport created yet.
  • Is it required to add my second baby's information in the form that I submitted in the express entry pool?
  • What if I dont add her name now? Is that possible to get her visa once I get the PR?
--> You should add 2nd baby's information to your profile if you have not yet received the ITA. If you have already received ITA but not submitted E-APR, then add it while submitting E-APR. If you have already submitted E-APR and your PR application is in process, create CSE using instructions provided in the AOR correspondence and upload the baby's documents.

--> If you already received COPR and then move to Canada on PR then your 2nd baby may not accompany you if he/she is a citizen of a country requiring visa to enter Canada. If the baby is a Citizen of US, they may allow to enter Canada but you will need to sponsor the baby for PR which is a time consuming process.

My recommendation to you is to obtain baby's documents ASAP, it takes less than a week to obtain US Passport if applied at Passport Agency using expedited processing. I recently had to do it for my daughter and I was able to add her to my PR Application prior to issuing PPR request. IRCC added her to my application in about 4 days and issued PPR request right away for all 3 of us. I believe this is the most straight forward way to do it since it saves time and all individuals including dependents will get the COPR at same time thus saving valuable time in doing PR sponsorship at a later date.