+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Adding a child dependant post ITA, pre e-AOR

hammadali

Feb 7, 2023
Hey all,

I wanted to gain some clarity on a subject: I recently received my ITA under the FSW stream on May 24th. I have a non accompanying spouse and as I understand it, we can add dependant children while filling out the application. I want to add my daughter as an accompanying dependent who is currently 8 months old. My consultant tells me that it will weaken my application and that I shouldn't do this without having a concrete reason since her mom would not be travelling. Can someone guide me as to whether IRCC has an inherent way of making decisions based on such circumstances? My reason to bring her along is so to have her naturalize into the culture during her infancy rather than a later point in time. Do VOs traditionally have a bias around addition of infant dependants without mothers to PR applications?

AishB

Sep 29, 2020
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
NDVO
AOR Received.
13-02-2021
Passport Req..
30-08-2022
You can include dependent children in your application. There are no such rules of discrimination for including one's own child.

The consultant is probably trying to keep your application "simple" to improve their success rate and not bother about additional time.

Search in forums on how to include dependent children and non-accompanying spouse, there are plenty of discussions around that.