+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Added my spouse and my CRS stayed the same - What's happening?

jleon

Oct 11, 2016
Hello,

I've been on the EE platform since September of this year. I entered with a CRS of 438. My initial plan was to aim for the OINP and use the 600 points in order to receive an ITA, but given the current circumstances I am now waiting until November with the hopes they get the program back up and running again. I intend to get married soon, so I modified my EE application to include my future spouse just to get a glimpse at how my CRS would change and if it compromised in any way our chances for the OINP. However, when I introduced her info into the system the CRS remained at 438. Can anyone tell me why my points didn't go down?

My info:
IELTS CLB10
ECA for Bachelor's Degree
1 year of work experience
Relatives in Canada

Spouse info:
No language test
No ECA
No work experience

Thanks in advance,
Jleon

samanta60

Sep 7, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-01-2017
AOR Received.
16-01-2017
IELTS Request
19-02-2017
File Transfer...
23-02-2017
Med's Done....
25-02-2017 (BG IP: 25-02-2017, BG NA: 09-03-2017, BG IP2: 25-03-2017)
jleon said:
Hello,

I've been on the EE platform since September of this year. I entered with a CRS of 438. My initial plan was to aim for the OINP and use the 600 points in order to receive an ITA, but given the current circumstances I am now waiting until November with the hopes they get the program back up and running again. I intend to get married soon, so I modified my EE application to include my future spouse just to get a glimpse at how my CRS would change and if it compromised in any way our chances for the OINP. However, when I introduced her info into the system the CRS remained at 438. Can anyone tell me why my points didn't go down?

My info:
IELTS CLB10
ECA for Bachelor's Degree
1 year of work experience
Relatives in Canada

Spouse info:
No language test
No ECA
No work experience

Thanks in advance,
Jleon
Did you expect your score increase or decrease? Obviously you shouldn't expect it increase as she has no IEC, no Language test and no work experience. I would expect your score decrease a bit probably by adding her, as the max points you can receive for education or language has a lower limit when you have a spouse.

jleon

Oct 11, 2016
samanta60 said:
Did you expect your score increase or decrease? Obviously you shouldn't expect it increase as she has no IEC, no Language test and no work experience. I would expect your score decrease a bit probably by adding her, as the max points you can receive for education or language has a lower limit when you have a spouse.
I expected my score to decrease. For example I am getting 110 points for my age, and when I added her the system should've given me 100 points instead. But it stayed the same.