+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Add work history and specify job title after ITA

whoisbuzzlightyear

Nov 10, 2023
Category........
FSW
Hello folks!

I recently received an ITA under the French category draw, FSW stream. I have an overall 7-year outside-Canada work experiences, and I claimed 35 months (2 years and 11 months) of experience working for an employer, and 2 months of working as an business owner - both are under the same NOC Code.

While waiting for the ITA, I also contacted another former employer where I worked full-time for just 2 months for an employment letter. I wasn't sure if I could get it, so I didn't add it to the work history. But now I'm pretty sure that they don't mind giving me an employment letter, and my role is consistent with the NOC Code of my claimed work experience. Adding this 2 months will not change my overall score.

My questions:

1/ If I successfully get the employment letter from the employer where I worked 2 months, can I add it to the work history? Personally I just want to be 100% sure that I meet the 3-year, FSW criteria. And I'm afraid the visa officer may not be easily satisfied with my documents proving my self-employment, though I will try my best to gather and provide everything supportive.

2/ For my own company, previously when I applied for study permits and PGWP, the title I used was just "founder". As you may see, it doesn't indicate any job function or responsibility. In my EE profile before ITA, I used the title "Translator and Interpreter", because that was exactly what I did. So for PR forms, can I update it as "Translator and Interpreter (Founder)"...? And also attach a letter to explain the inconsistencies?

Looking forward to hearing your insights. Thank you!