+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Actual job title matches the duties of different NOC job title. What do i do?

omesanni

Star Member
Dec 31, 2016
Hi,

I am currently employed as a software developer for the company I work with and I specialize in web development. Now, on the NOC site I can see my current Job title listed as one of the example titles of the 2174 Computer programmers and interactive media developers category.

The problem is my job duties don't match the ones in the 2174 category but they match the duties in the 2175 Web designers and developers category.

Software development encompasses all types of software e.g web development, app development, desktop etc. I only do web development though for my company.

Now when collecting my reference letter from my employer should I make them state that I am employed as a web developer rather software developer so that it is in sync with what is on the NOC site?

Thanks for your anticipated assistance

DelPiero07

VIP Member
Oct 2, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Job titles are irrelevant, as long as the NOC you've chosen matches the duties and responsibilities of your reference letter you're good to go.

Northstar88

Star Member
Nov 30, 2016
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello My friend omesanni

as DelPiero07 said its the matching between NOC and the duties and responsibilities of your reference letter that only matter, but to make sure and to be in the safe side if you are able to request from your employer to change your job title do it, so once you are in Canada and you are seeking a job you well get the right job with the right job title along with the right duties.

cboy585

Mar 7, 2023
Hello

My Job title is Cloud Lead which comes under 21231 where my responsibilities are of Cloud Manager that comes under 20012. What should I choose?