+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Activating PGWP with letter of introduction

John231

Aug 24, 2014
Hello everyone,

I recently got my application for a PGWP approved and I have now received a letter of confirmation/introduction after studying in Canada for 2 years. Do I have to leave the country and come back in again at a POE to get my work permit activated or is it possible to do so from inside the country ? (CIC office etc..) Or is that option just available for other types of VISAS ?

Thank you in advance

mets15

Star Member
Oct 22, 2015
John231 said:
Hello everyone,

I recently got my application for a PGWP approved and I have now received a letter of confirmation/introduction after studying in Canada for 2 years. Do I have to leave the country and come back in again at a POE to get my work permit activated or is it possible to do so from inside the country ? (CIC office etc..) Or is that option just available for other types of VISAS ?

Thank you in advance
You don't need to activate your PGWP, it's a permit and active from the moment it is issued. If you are planning to travel anywhere except the US, you will want to renew your TRV otherwise they will not let you back in!

evanstp9

Nov 27, 2012
John231 said:
Hello everyone,

Thank you in advance

You will receive your work permit in your snail-mail, probably within the next 2-3 weeks.

You cannot go to any CIC offices, the few they have are not for the public to visit.., and you don't need to "activate" that permit.
Just sit tight and wait for it to arrive, no need to worry.