+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Activate PR visa

miro

Nov 23, 2007
I am in Toronto. I am expecting my passport with PR visa from the Buffalo office at anytime. I am planning to go to Niagara to get the visa stamped. However I do not have the US visa and it takes at least 2 months. I want to activate my PR visa before that.
I heard that I can still go to the Niagara border and threre is a regular procedure to get my PR visa stamped? Is that true? did anyone experience that/heard of that before?

Thanks,

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

miro said:
I am in Toronto. I am expecting my passport with PR visa from the Buffalo office at anytime. I am planning to go to Niagara to get the visa stamped. However I do not have the US visa and it takes at least 2 months. I want to activate my PR visa before that.
I heard that I can still go to the Niagara border and threre is a regular procedure to get my PR visa stamped? Is that true? did anyone experience that/heard of that before?

Thanks,
You go to the US side, get a rejection letter (doesn't effect future entries) and then return to the Canadian side, present your rejection letter and then you will be referred to Immigration for "landing"

PMM

miro

Nov 23, 2007
Thanks PMM
Do you recommend the US gate at rainbow bridge, as this is the entrance I know
Because I have my wife and kids, I am a bit concerned about the way US officers treat people before giving the rejection letter, so do u have a personal experience of what happens at the US side?!
Thanx