+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Accra Resident / Montreal Resident CSQ Question

bortele

Jan 20, 2014
Dear All,

I am sponsoring my husband who lives in Accra. i live in Quebec. I received two copies of the CSQ in the mail. Does anyone on this forum live in Quebec and used the Accra Visa Office. Do I have to send the immigration copy to them?

Also, my file was transferred two months ago and still no word from the Visa office. Not even an AOR. Is that normal?

Bortele

BubbOZ

Star Member
Sep 8, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, AU
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-10-2013
AOR Received.
06-11-2013
File Transfer...
07-11-2013
Med's Done....
With APP
Passport Req..
23-12-2013
VISA ISSUED...
23-01-2014
LANDED..........
24-01-2014
Hi...

Did you get a letter from CIC telling you to proceed with the CSQ? Usually, that letter tells you want to do with the CSQ. Some Visa Offices require a copy and some do not.

We applied with through Sydney VO and Quebec. When Sydney VO told us to proceed with Quebec, it told also told us to email them a copy of the CSQ.

I'm not sure what is the normal time for Accra for this. Sorry.

The Accra thread is here:
http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/thread-for-acrra-ghana-applicants-t64640.0.html

bortele said:
Dear All,

I am sponsoring my husband who lives in Accra. i live in Quebec. I received two copies of the CSQ in the mail. Does anyone on this forum live in Quebec and used the Accra Visa Office. Do I have to send the immigration copy to them?

Also, my file was transferred two months ago and still no word from the Visa office. Not even an AOR. Is that normal?

Bortele

QC1985

Jan 14, 2014
How long did it take you to receive the CSQ after you submitted it? I sent it in last week and the charged the fee today from my credit card.

Thanks!

bortele

Jan 20, 2014
Thanks for your responses.

I received the CSQ 12 days after my card was charged.

The letter just asked me to proceed with the CSQ. When I received the CSQ, it just said that they had forwarded the necessary information to the Accra office and that some visa offices specifically request the immigration COPY of the CSQ which I have. Just wanted to find out from someone who has dealt with the Accra office regarding this query. I did post a question to the accra thread but have not received any responses so far which is why I thought I should try the general thread.

Thank you very much!

BubbOZ

Star Member
Sep 8, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, AU
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-10-2013
AOR Received.
06-11-2013
File Transfer...
07-11-2013
Med's Done....
With APP
Passport Req..
23-12-2013
VISA ISSUED...
23-01-2014
LANDED..........
24-01-2014
Shortly after we received the letter from CIC to proceed with Quebec, we got an email from Sydney VO requesting a copy of the CSQ by a certain date... Once the VO emailed us, we had a method of contacting them.

In your case, I would email the Accra office and ask them simply that you have your CSQ and do they want a copy.

It might be possible that they sent their initial email to the wrong one... Typos can happen to anybody. :/

bortele said:
Thanks for your responses.

I received the CSQ 12 days after my card was charged.

The letter just asked me to proceed with the CSQ. When I received the CSQ, it just said that they had forwarded the necessary information to the Accra office and that some visa offices specifically request the immigration COPY of the CSQ which I have. Just wanted to find out from someone who has dealt with the Accra office regarding this query. I did post a question to the accra thread but have not received any responses so far which is why I thought I should try the general thread.

Thank you very much!