+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Accompanying spouse applying for PR from out of country

mukson

Sep 7, 2016
I am not sure if this title even makes sense. I have a job in Canada this summer and me and my spouse will meet all conditions to apply for PR. The thing is she just landed a great new job back in our home country and if there is a chance we don't get the PR she doesn't want to loose it. Is it possible that I apply for both of us from inside of Canada and she joins me in case we get PR? Of course, if we don't, I'll be joining her back in our home country. I will really appreciate anyone's help with this. I haven't been able to find conclusive information on the internet.

xpressentry

VIP Member
Nov 27, 2016
London
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-03-2017
Doc's Request.
Schedule A - upfront
AOR Received.
29-03-2017
IELTS Request
Upfront
File Transfer...
Waiting
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
28-03-2017
Passport Req..
Waiting
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
LANDED..........
Waiting
you can apply first and she can join you later if you dont mind living apart.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
mukson said:
I am not sure if this title even makes sense. I have a job in Canada this summer and me and my spouse will meet all conditions to apply for PR. The thing is she just landed a great new job back in our home country and if there is a chance we don't get the PR she doesn't want to loose it. Is it possible that I apply for both of us from inside of Canada and she joins me in case we get PR? Of course, if we don't, I'll be joining her back in our home country. I will really appreciate anyone's help with this. I haven't been able to find conclusive information on the internet.
It doesn't matter where your wife is when you apply as long as she is included.

Rob_TO

VIP Member
Nov 7, 2012
Toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Seoul, Korea
App. Filed.......
13-07-2012
AOR Received.
18-08-2012
File Transfer...
21-08-2012
Med's Done....
Sent with App
Passport Req..
N/R - Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
30-10-2012
LANDED..........
16-11-2012
mukson said:
You can apply for PR while living in Canada, and list your spouse living in home country as an accompanying dependent. Your spouse will do medical exam, police checks, etc from her home country.

When your PR app is approved, they will issue your PR visas/COPRs together. So they'll send it directly to your spouse in her home country, and she can then land as a PR in Canada.