+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Accompanying My spouse in my PR

Milh_Ottawa

May 23, 2017
We are in Canada Now, My Wife is a PhD Student and I want to apply for a PR without here ( working on an open work Permit) ( as I am getting higher Points without here) is That accepted from the CIC?
can i include my dependent children on my application?

Last edited:

Pipis Husband

VIP Member
Aug 16, 2013
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
20-03-2015
LANDED..........
06-06-2015
We are in Canada Now, My Wife is a PhD Student and I want to apply for a PR without here ( working on an open work Permit) ( as I am getting higher Points without here) is That accepted from the CIC?
can i include my dependent children on my application?
No, it is not accepted. Excluding family members from your application is a case for 'misrepresentation' which can lead to a 5 year ban on immigration to Canada. You have to indicate your family members, that is, your spouse and children even if they are not accompanying you.

Milh_Ottawa

May 23, 2017
Its seems that I was wrongly explained my situation,..
I want to indicate all my family members in my application including my wife, the issue is I will state that she will not accompany me in this application although my kids will be accompany me? is that accepted?
the reason why i won't accompany her in my application is that because I am getting a higher total without her, and she is planing to have her own application once she finish her PhD studying?