+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Accompanying H1B Spouse to US on B2

vgcan2021

Nov 24, 2021
Hi Everyone

Situation : I currently live in Canada as PR and i have US B1/B2 visa. My wife has H1b and she frequently travels to US for work. Now, we are planning to move to USA permanently and i was wondering on what status i should enter? My current plan is to go with her(on b2 obviously) for 3-4 weeks and settle her and the kids (US citizen and canadian citizen) and come back. Once i am back, apply for H4 dropbox and move for good once i get it.

1. Is this most optimized and legal strategy or something else can be done to do it in a better way?
2. If i go this route, how do i fill custom form 3299 as i need to mention name of all people accompanying my wife (primary mover). Since i am on B2, mentioning my name (on B2) while moving our household items could be considered violation of intent?

Any answers are really appreciated.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Hi Everyone

Situation : I currently live in Canada as PR and i have US B1/B2 visa. My wife has H1b and she frequently travels to US for work. Now, we are planning to move to USA permanently and i was wondering on what status i should enter? My current plan is to go with her(on b2 obviously) for 3-4 weeks and settle her and the kids (US citizen and canadian citizen) and come back. Once i am back, apply for H4 dropbox and move for good once i get it.

1. Is this most optimized and legal strategy or something else can be done to do it in a better way?
2. If i go this route, how do i fill custom form 3299 as i need to mention name of all people accompanying my wife (primary mover). Since i am on B2, mentioning my name (on B2) while moving our household items could be considered violation of intent?

Any answers are really appreciated.
Not a Canadian immigration issue. Ask on US immigration site.

vgcan2021

Nov 24, 2021
Please look at the subsection this question is posted into. There are whole lot of people on this forum who navigate these types of situtations on regular basis.