+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

"Accompanying" Confusion for Study Permit

icegman

Jun 4, 2013
Hey Guy :)

I am applying for a study permit online and have every document ready.
I just have a doubt regarding this family information form.

www(dot)cic(dot)gc(dot)ca/english/helpcentre/glossary(dot)asp#a
According to this^ , accompanying means that one of my family member stays along with me for my studies.
Which means I need to have another 4000$ in my funds.

I have this doubt because, I'm planning to apply a TRV for my dad at the same time as a visitor because he wants to just drop me off at the university and return to Qatar(My country of residence).

So in the family information form, does this mean he will accompany me to canada?
If you have faced this similar situation reply ASAP.

KEM

Sep 11, 2006
dont fill it ... this session means who will stay with you for the duration of your stay ... for example , your wife and kids ... you dont mention that it your application ... two different visa officers will evaluate your application , visitors visa and student visa both are different ... so appli separately!!! both applications fees are different.. status is different ..

icegman

Jun 4, 2013
KEM said:
dont fill it ... this session means who will stay with you for the duration of your stay ... for example , your wife and kids ... you dont mention that it your application ... two different visa officers will evaluate your application , visitors visa and student visa both are different ... so appli separately!!! both applications fees are different.. status is different ..
okay so even if I apply separately and my parents decide to drop me, they would technically be accompanying each other and I wouldn't accompany them right?

dipta

Champion Member
Feb 8, 2013
Bangladesh
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Onlline 09-04-2013
File Transfer...