+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Accidental Work Outside of Permit Conditions

onlyforward

Aug 24, 2021
When I received my open work permit 1 year ago I didn't read the small print which stated that I was not eligible to work in health services, which is the field I work in. Now that I am filling out my common-law sponsorship I realized that I have been working outside of my work permit's parameters. I have immediately stopped work and booked a medical exam, which will allow me to change the conditions of my work permit to start working in the health field again. I plan to disclose all of this in my application. What I am hoping to get a sense of is how much this might affect the chances of getting my PR. Basically, how stressed should I be for the next year as I wait? Thanks in advance!

k.h.p.

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2019
Canada
As I stated in your other post with this topic, you've done what you can do for now. You may want to consult a lawyer.

The argument you are having to make is that you somehow "missed" the clear conditions of your work permit that are not actually all that small on the permit itself.

onlyforward

Aug 24, 2021
Ok, thanks. Do you know the standard consequences of working outside of the conditions of a permit? Is it the same as working without a permit?