+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

accidental unauthorized work pgwp

alleycat378

Jul 2, 2024
hi i need urgent advice please, i am seeking help from my advisor but my appointment isn’t until next week and i chose the earliest date.

i just found out i worked unauthorized as i started working after graduating thinking that because my study permit was still valid it was the same as working during summer break as usual. however i found out that you cannot work during the period between when you receive final grades but before applying for pgwp. i immediately quit my job the same day i found out and now i’m focusing on submitting my pgwp application with an LOE to explain.

i know that if you are a student doing a second degree you can work in between your programs so i thought it was the same, and without even realizing i shouldn’t be working, worked 1.5 mo after receiving my completion letter. my passport is expiring and i wanted to wait til i renewed it to avoid the hassle of extending my pgwp on paper via mail, so back in may i decided to wait to apply until passport was renewed. i am frantic and don’t know what to do.

i am going to lay out my mistake in my LOE but am looking for other people who went through this. these are the questions im looking for help with: did your pgwp get approved after explaining your mistake? can i write my own LOE based on examples so i can submit my application asap or do i have to wait til next week for an advisor have to do it? does the loe have to have my school letterhead and advisor name and details on it or can i write my own and submit it asap? am i going to get rejected for working 1.5 mo after getting completion letter? is there a way to extend my status past 90 days after completion letter? what about restoring student status etc? if my pgwp gets rejected, can i reapply using a lawyers help? would they even approve a reapplication? what is the difference between raising a webform and waiting to get an advisor to write an LOE?