+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Academic Module IELTS Instead of General Module

Yash Khatri

May 31, 2014
Dear All,

I am planning to apply under the FSW category for Canadian immigration. I have already given my IELTS academic module and achieved scores of S-7, L-7, R-8, W-7. However, I read that one needs to take General training for the FSW program. Also, as i believe that Academic is more difficult than general training, therefore kindly advise if my academic training scores would be accepted for the FSW program.

Further, I am a CA from India and have a BCOM degree from Mumbai University. Therefore, kindly confirm if I can get my education assessment done from WES?

Thank you for your help.
Regards,
Yash

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
No - Academic IELTS won't be accepted. You must take the General version. If you submit your application with Academic IELTS results then your application will be automatically refused.

solomonwise

Jun 10, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Yash Khatri said:
Dear All,

I am planning to apply under the FSW category for Canadian immigration. I have already given my IELTS academic module and achieved scores of S-7, L-7, R-8, W-7. However, I read that one needs to take General training for the FSW program. Also, as i believe that Academic is more difficult than general training, therefore kindly advise if my academic training scores would be accepted for the FSW program.

Further, I am a CA from India and have a BCOM degree from Mumbai University. Therefore, kindly confirm if I can get my education assessment done from WES?

Thank you for your help.
Regards,
Yash
You must take the "General Training" module.
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/language-testing.asp