+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

ACADEMIC module and its validity.... Seniors please advise

rajeshkumar

Oct 27, 2010
My wife is the Principal applicant. She appeared for Ielts ( Academic ) test on 30-05-09 and scored 6.5 bands ( 14 points ). We applied under FSW on 20-05-10 enclosing photocopy of the IELTS score and our application reached CIO Sydney on 27-05-10. Now we received AOR on 29-09-10 and have 120 days to send documents to VO New Delhi. My question is if the old IELTS score is still valid ? Please help me ?

Dr.Hasib

VIP Member
Jul 1, 2010
Toronto,ON
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
21 Jan 2012
Please note that Academic IELTS is not acceptable for canada immigration. U must sit for General training IELTS. Validity of General training IELTS for canada immigration is 1 year instead of 2 years.
Check page number 32-33 of this following guide book OP6
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/manuals/op/op06-eng.pdf

rajeshkumar

Oct 27, 2010
Thanks a lot Dr. Hasib for your response. Since, I applied to CIO Sydney NS just a few days before the IELTS score turns 1 year old, don't you think it is good enough still ? Moreover, the application was send prior to June 26th, 2010 and General Module came into effect post June 26th, 2010. This is really confusing. Seniors please help me out.

Dr.Hasib

VIP Member
Jul 1, 2010
Toronto,ON
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
21 Jan 2012
rajeshkumar said:
Thanks a lot Dr. Hasib for your response. Since, I applied to CIO Sydney NS just a few days before the IELTS score turns 1 year old, don't you think it is good enough still ? Moreover, the application was send prior to June 26th, 2010 and General Module came into effect post June 26th, 2010. This is really confusing. Seniors please help me out.
U r right, Applicants who applied before June 26,2010 amendment, are still sending Academic IELTS so u can take the chance.
As ur result was valid during applying to CIO, VO will accept it.
U should PM vip members like Qorax,Maaties,Ohcanadiana of this forum about this matter & get their opinion.

rajeshkumar

Oct 27, 2010
Thankyou once again Dr. Hasib for taking time and responding to my query. It gives me some satisfaction for sure. But you know, I can't take risk since my category has been removed from the new list. And I dont know how to PM seniors like Qorax, Maaties or Ohcanadiana. So Dr. Hasib, can you please guide me how I can contact them? Thankyou in advance once again.

rajeshkumar

Oct 27, 2010
Thanks once again Dr. Hasib for your help. I send PM to the seniors and now I hope they reply me when they get time for that.

rajeshkumar

Oct 27, 2010
Seniors please help me. I have to send documents to VO, New Delhi and am running short of time. Please give your valuable advice.

Sisifo

Nov 5, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
rajeshkumar said:
We applied under FSW on 20-05-10 enclosing photocopy of the IELTS score and our application reached CIO Sydney on 27-05-10. Now we received AOR on 29-09-10 and have 120 days to send documents to VO New Delhi. My question is if the old IELTS score is still valid ? Please help me ?
Your comments are a bit unclear to me. When did you get your first AOR ?? Was it a CIC letter dated 27/5 or 29/9 ? i am thinking that irrespective of when it physically reaches CIC , the date of the very first AOR letter determines where your application falls under. If the IELTS score is within 1 year of that first AOR date you should be okay. If not then you would very likely need to sit again.

rajeshkumar

Oct 27, 2010
Thank you very much to all of those helped me especially Dr. Hasib. I want to share with you all, the fact that I had written to the VO and they replied me back in about 15 days and they said that my IELTS is valid. So I put an end to all the speculations and worries that were going on with my IELTS validity.

In other words, Academic module is acceptable at least for the pre-June 26th, 2010 applications. And secondly, if your application is send to the CIO, NS within one year after the date of appearance for the IELTS test, it is still valid, irrespective of the fact when you receive your AOR from the CIO.

Dr.Hasib

VIP Member
Jul 1, 2010
Toronto,ON
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
21 Jan 2012
rajeshkumar said:
Thank you very much to all of those helped me especially Dr. Hasib. I want to share with you all, the fact that I had written to the VO and they replied me back in about 15 days and they said that my IELTS is valid. So I put an end to all the speculations and worries that were going on with my IELTS validity.

In other words, Academic module is acceptable at least for the pre-June 26th, 2010 applications. And secondly, if your application is send to the CIO, NS within one year after the date of appearance for the IELTS test, it is still valid, irrespective of the fact when you receive your AOR from the CIO.
:D really great news, hope other applicants who have similar problem like yours will get relief. You did the right thing by sending email to your VO.

regards,
Dr.Hasib