United Arab Emirates
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-12-2015
Hello All,

I received letter of interest form Ontario a while back. Everything is arranged and now I am getting "proof of funds" documentation in order. My brother is giving me money as a gift for this specific purpose. Problem is that I do not know how to get notarized gift deed in UAE. I checked around and no one knows about this kind of document. I plan to go to "notary public" office but I do not know if they will do it or not. Anyone from Abu Dhabi or UAE got this done? Is there a specific name for this document? Also can we do "gift deed" on an Affidavit or is it something different.

Only one legal consultant told me its possible but he is asking too much money for this (1,000 AED).

if notarization is not necessary, then I can type a letter and my brother will sign. I will also attach copy of check, statements showing credit/debit (both me and brother). This way it will work without notarization?

Please help. My deadline for submission is near.

darklord

Oct 12, 2014
Riyadh, Saudi Arabia
Category........
Visa Office......
N/A-EE
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-06-2015 (SINP); 04-12-2015 (CIC)
Nomination.....
05-10-2015
AOR Received.
04-12-2015
IELTS Request
Uploaded to SINP Online
Med's Request
Not Applicable - Upfront for EE
Med's Done....
Upfront medicals
baba147 said:
Hello All,

I received letter of interest form Ontario a while back. Everything is arranged and now I am getting "proof of funds" documentation in order. My brother is giving me money as a gift for this specific purpose. Problem is that I do not know how to get notarized gift deed in UAE. I checked around and no one knows about this kind of document. I plan to go to "notary public" office but I do not know if they will do it or not. Anyone from Abu Dhabi or UAE got this done? Is there a specific name for this document? Also can we do "gift deed" on an Affidavit or is it something different.

Only one legal consultant told me its possible but he is asking too much money for this (1,000 AED).

if notarization is not necessary, then I can type a letter and my brother will sign. I will also attach copy of check, statements showing credit/debit (both me and brother). This way it will work without notarization?

Please help. My deadline for submission is near.
If you are an Indian national, you can get a sworn affidavit from the Indian embassy in Abu Dhabi - http://indembassyuae.org/wp-content/docs/swornaffidavit-generalproforma.doc. If you are any other country's national, contact your embassy as they may such a provision. For the content of the affidavit, please look at page 1 of this thread - http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/sep-18-draw-17-itas-candidates-connect/-t349224.0.html.

Your brother signing on a printed letter is of no significance, it has to be a sworn statement.

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
darklord said:
Your brother signing on a printed letter is of no significance, it has to be a sworn statement.
Not really.

What is important for CIC is to know that money has 'physically' moved to the recipient's bank account from the donor's bank account. Confirmation of funds transfer accompanied with a signed self-declaration from the donor is completely legitimate for POF purposes. No harm in getting a sworn statement but there is no real need for a gift deed/affidavit/notarization.

Dec 10, 2018
Im Im facing the same thing. Please let me know how did you do it and who notarized the gift deed document in the UAE?

My embassy wont help with such documents so I wanted to ask people who actually went through this process in the UAE

kurashige_441

Feb 19, 2022
Not really.

What is important for CIC is to know that money has 'physically' moved to the recipient's bank account from the donor's bank account. Confirmation of funds transfer accompanied with a signed self-declaration from the donor is completely legitimate for POF purposes. No harm in getting a sworn statement but there is no real need for a gift deed/affidavit/notarization.
Hi, I am facing the same scenario. But my sister’s bank does not allow transfers to other banks so she withdrew the money physically and we deposited to our account. Do we still need the gift deed?

kurashige_441

Feb 19, 2022
Im Im facing the same thing. Please let me know how did you do it and who notarized the gift deed document in the UAE?

My embassy wont help with such documents so I wanted to ask people who actually went through this process in the UAE
Hi, what is the update on this? I am in the same scenario now.