+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Abu Dhabi Spouse Sponsorship case

tik_tak3

May 8, 2011
Dear All,

I would like to present me case to you hoping I can find a solution. Am a canadian citizen and my 2 years old daughter is canadian as well. I work in Qatar and my family lives with me. I have submitted a sponsorship application from outside Canada for my wife who holds a Lebanese Travel Documents for Palestinian Refugess (She does not have a passport, she holds a travel documents). application was submitted back on October 2009. Since that date we have been providing them with all required information requested. On Feb 2011 we recieved a letter saying "We are ready to issue your spouse visa" given you provide us with the following:

1) Resignation Letter from your current employer (approved by your employer)
2) End of service payment slip
3) Cancelation of your work visa

Now the problem am facing is that I do not want to resign from my work. I plan to move my daughter and wife back to Canada as I would like my daughter to grow up back home and continue to work in Qatar where I will be traveling back and forth between Qatar and Canada.

I really do not understand why the visa officer in Abu Dhabi put these conditions in order to issue the visa. I plan to relocate to Canada and have it as my residence but that does not require me to resign and leave my current job.

Any feedback of help in this case is greatly appreciated.

I have till June 15-2011 to respond to the embassy.
The case is being handeld by Abu Dhabi Canadian Embassy

CharlieD10

VIP Member
Sep 5, 2010
Northern Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
KGN
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-02-2011
File Transfer...
09-05-2011
Med's Done....
17-01-2011, 08-03-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
30-3-2012
VISA ISSUED...
13-04-2012
LANDED..........
06-06-2012
The condition was stated upfront before you ever started sponsoring your wife. Now that you're at the end of the process, you cannot simply decide it isn't fair of them to ask you to relocate to Canada when your spouse is granted PR, you already agreed to those terms. If you were not ready to comply, you should have waited to sponsor your wife.

Canada doesn't want citizens/PRs sponsoring their spouses and relatives and simply sending them to Canada to fend for themselves. It is YOUR responsibility to ensure that when they get to Canada, they settle into life there and adapt to their new situation. That is also one of the reasons why you agree to support your spouse financially for 3 years after their arrival in the country, so that the newcomer doesn't find themselves relying on social services in order to make their way in the new country, because if they do, you have to pay it back.

If you do not provide the documents requested by the Canadian embassy, they CAN refuse to issue the visa to your spouse. Then you can all stay in Qatar so you can keep your job.

Dominica

Star Member
Feb 23, 2010
Abu Dhabi Spouse Sponsorship case

did you provide them with the requested documents. I too would be facing the similar situation.

Please let me know