+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

About working with youth

Erika13

Jun 10, 2024
Hi everyone, I have a working holiday permit, and I know it's not allowed to work in childcare and primary/secondary school teaching; but...do you have any idea about working with a public institution that is not a school and has nothing to do with teaching except for organizing once in a while mediation activities with students from primary to post-secondary schools? Do you think that falls into a different category or not? Thanks a lot :)

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hi everyone, I have a working holiday permit, and I know it's not allowed to work in childcare and primary/secondary school teaching; but...do you have any idea about working with a public institution that is not a school and has nothing to do with teaching except for organizing once in a while mediation activities with students from primary to post-secondary schools? Do you think that falls into a different category or not? Thanks a lot :)
Never heard that you can’t teach or work in childcare if you have the relevant education. Given Canada’s need for both that doesn’t make a lot of sense. Could you link proof of these limitations? As long as your employer is in compliance with labour laws, is paying you a fair wage and you have the training/license to do the job you can work for any employer.