+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

About Transit visa processing Time (from JP)

JuanCo31th

Jul 6, 2015
Good morning from Japan!

Last Friday (10th), I applied for a Transit Visa (online) and send all the necessary documents (Passport, Ticket Itinerary, Photo, and of course, the Application 5257).

Has anybody had any experience when sending an online application from Japan for a TRANSIT Visa for Canada?
I know it is sent to the Manila, Philippines Office, but I am wondering how long can I expect to receive the transit Visa.

I don't need Visa for the final destination since I am coming back to my Country (Same as the passport).

I will appreciate any help, information or share you might have.

Thank you in advance!

JuanCo31th

Jul 6, 2015
It's me, the OP.

I missed to say that I am a foreigner living in JP for almost 7 years. Now I have a Worker status for 5 years until 2019-04.
I know I can't have an exact response time from the Manila Office. I just wanted to make sure that, indeed, my application went to Manila Office and not Canada or other country.

That is why I am asking if anybody had any experience with sending Transit visa applications (online) from Japan (or other country) to Manila Office in Philippines?

Also, could it be true that online applications are somewhat faster than paper applications? I asked several travel agencies, and they all said that paper app takes almost 3 weeks.

Any info would be helpful. Thanks a lot