+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

About the Validity of Police Certificate (UK)

arielnana

Star Member
Mar 13, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello everyone,

I have a question regarding to the validity of police certificate for permanent residence application via express entry.

I have ever resided in the UK for 2 years (2010-2012). After that I never re-entered to this country again.

I applied for my police certificate in Oct. 2015 and the issue date has passed 1 year now. The reason why I am concerned about its validity is I found a sentence from CIC:

The IRCC website provides instructions to applicants on how to obtain a police certificate.

Police certificates are typically valid for one year from the date they are issued.

For the applicant’s current country of residence, the police certificate must be issued no more than six months before submission of the e-APR.

For countries in which the applicant no longer lives, the police certificate must have been issued after the last time the client lived in that country.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/tools/perm/express/intake-complete.asp

So can I submit this Oct. 2015 one for my permanent residence application? Is it necessary to reapply for another updated one?

Thank you for your kind suggestion in advance.

bestofluck

VIP Member
Aug 11, 2015
LANDED..........
10th June 2017
arielnana said:
Hello everyone,

I have a question regarding to the validity of police certificate for permanent residence application via express entry.

I have ever resided in the UK for 2 years (2010-2012). After that I never re-entered to this country again.

I applied for my police certificate in Oct. 2015 and the issue date has been passed 1 year now. The reason why I am concerned about its validity is I found a sentence from CIC:

The IRCC website provides instructions to applicants on how to obtain a police certificate.

Police certificates are typically valid for one year from the date they are issued.

For the applicant’s current country of residence, the police certificate must be issued no more than six months before submission of the e-APR.

For countries in which the applicant no longer lives, the police certificate must have been issued after the last time the client lived in that country.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/tools/perm/express/intake-complete.asp

So can I submit this Oct. 2015 one for my permanent residence application? Is it necessary to reapply for another updated one?

Thank you for your kind suggestion in advance.
The PCC from any country is valid lifetime if it is obtained after the last visit. I have same dates. I also stayed in UK between same dates and my PCC was also obtained in 2015. I applied in Oct 16 without any prob.

arielnana

Star Member
Mar 13, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
bestofluck said:
The PCC from any country is valid lifetime if it is obtained after the last visit. I have same dates. I also stayed in UK between same dates and my PCC was also obtained in 2015. I applied in Oct 16 without any prob.
Thank you for your prompt response, bestofluck. What a relief to see your reply. Thanks. ;D Wish you a speedy PPR.