+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

About Job offer point

dyekek12

Nov 1, 2007
I've reading and analyzing(?) point criteria. I'm wondering if I can get points from Job offer.
What do you mean by "job offer"? Could I just get an offer from company and reject it after all? I can show the offer letter to the immigration office. I don't think it's going to be hard for me to get a job offer in Canada.(Well, let's suppose that I get an offer)
Does " job offer" require me to work in Canada while application is on process?
Frankly, I need a GreenCard for some other reason. I don't plan to go for living right now, maybe 1-2 yrs after I get GC.

Is it possible?

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

dyekek12 said:
I've reading and analyzing(?) point criteria. I'm wondering if I can get points from Job offer.
What do you mean by "job offer"? Could I just get an offer from company and reject it after all? I can show the offer letter to the immigration office. I don't think it's going to be hard for me to get a job offer in Canada.(Well, let's suppose that I get an offer)
Does " job offer" require me to work in Canada while application is on process?
Frankly, I need a GreenCard for some other reason. I don't plan to go for living right now, maybe 1-2 yrs after I get GC.

Is it possible?
The job offer is an Arranged Employment Offer (AEO) which the employer obtains from HRSDC which states that the employer will employ your full time once you are a Permanent Resident. Green Cards are issued in the US, not Canada. So if you intention is not to move permanently, then an AEO won't do you much good.

PMM