+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

About citizenship

coloniaju

Dec 29, 2023
Hello, I am refugee.
I have a question regarding the days I have been in Canada.
For a little if context, I was in working holiday visa for a year before I became a claimant.
I know my time as claimant will not be counted and the days I have been here as a refugee will be counted as half days.
But my question is:
Will my days in the working holiday visa be taking in consideration?
Thank you

Last edited:

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hello, I am former refugee.
For a little if context, I was in working holiday visa for a year before I became a claimant.
I know my time as claimant will not be counted and the days I have been here as a refugee will be counted as half days.
But my question is:
Thank you
By the time you qualify to apply for citizenship, your time in Canada on the WHV will be too long ago to count towards citizenship. You can only count two years of pre PR time and you will only get 1 day of credit for each pre PR day. Two years out of the 3 have to be post PR. Also, you can only count back five years.

coloniaju

Dec 29, 2023
By the time you qualify to apply for citizenship, your time in Canada on the WHV will be too long ago to count towards citizenship. You can only count two years of pre PR time and you will only get 1 day of credit for each pre PR day. Two years out of the 3 have to be post PR. Also, you can only count back five years.
Thanks,
So I guess there is nothing to worry about, I will have to wait probably 2 years in PR and 6 months or a little bit more.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hello, I am former refugee.
But my question is:
Thank you
How can you be a former refugee? Even once you get PR you are still considered a protected person/approved refugee.