+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

About Bridging Open Work Permit questionnaire

Jieke9192

Jan 5, 2024
Hi Everyone,
Sorry about the long post!

I`m the dependent and my wife (student) is holding the PGWP, but she still doesn`t have a full time job and still working Part-time.
However, I got the ITA from the job category I currently work and submitted PR application yesterday. Since my visa is about to expire by the end of this March, I was going to apply for Bridging Open Work Permit. Because we`ve seen some posts and thought that applying for SOWP extension with my wife`s part-time is a risk.

And now I`m in the process of applying for the Bridging Open Work Permit and when I go through the IRCC questionnaire, there`s a section asking that
"Are you a spouse,.........of a person holds a work permit or is applying for a work permit"

Does anyone know that, is it okay to put "No" here even though my wife holds a PGWP?
Because, If I put "Yes" here, I won`t be asked for the questionnaire which is related to the Bridging Open Work Permit.

Please let me know if anyone have any experience such a situation. Thanks in advance!

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Hi Everyone,
Sorry about the long post!

I`m the dependent and my wife (student) is holding the PGWP, but she still doesn`t have a full time job and still working Part-time.
However, I got the ITA from the job category I currently work and submitted PR application yesterday. Since my visa is about to expire by the end of this March, I was going to apply for Bridging Open Work Permit. Because we`ve seen some posts and thought that applying for SOWP extension with my wife`s part-time is a risk.

And now I`m in the process of applying for the Bridging Open Work Permit and when I go through the IRCC questionnaire, there`s a section asking that
"Are you a spouse,.........of a person holds a work permit or is applying for a work permit"

Does anyone know that, is it okay to put "No" here even though my wife holds a PGWP?
Because, If I put "Yes" here, I won`t be asked for the questionnaire which is related to the Bridging Open Work Permit.

Please let me know if anyone have any experience such a situation. Thanks in advance!
You are not eligible for a BOWP until you get AOR on your PR application.