+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

AAIP

Atanu8888

Dec 28, 2023
Guys, I am new to this group. I have 2 questions:
1) My office will be applying for AAIP for me to complete the PR process but I am required to travel almost every week out of Canada to the US because of work. I am currently on closed work permit. Will this create any obstacle in getting AIP approval?
2) I understand that we must be residing in Alberta when we apply for AIPP. Right? Can we apply immediately when we have started living in Alberta.

Kindly advise. TIA

Chasechs

Sep 11, 2019
Once the employer is sponsoring the application you can apply even before living in Alberta, because the intention is to LIVE there. You work travels can only be a problem based on the frequency and the length of stay outside of the country. You said you traveled every week to the US, but stayed how long in the US? What is the nature of your job that requires this much traveling?

Atanu8888

Dec 28, 2023
Once the employer is sponsoring the application you can apply even before living in Alberta, because the intention is to LIVE there. You work travels can only be a problem based on the frequency and the length of stay outside of the country. You said you traveled every week to the US, but stayed how long in the US? What is the nature of your job that requires this much traveling?
I usually stay there Monday-Friday & return back in the weekend to Canada. I need to visit different client places every week in the US. Thanks for your advice.