+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

A typing mistake in Study visa application (SDS)

8h1

Jun 11, 2024
SORRY FOR LONG POST
Hi there! I applied for study visa for canada 2 days ago, I booked my biometrics appointment as well.
To give a quick overview, I have 5 years of gap in my studies. out of those 5 years, since 4 years (2020) I have been working on freelance projects with clients as a self employed/ freelance Music producer.
For the starting one year after my graduation, I didnt have any freelance work because i was just starting the music thing so i stated that as unemployed in my application form.

I explained this all in SOP, because for this entire gap timeline i was self employed/freelance worker and a music artist. I attached reference letters from clients, ITR for last 3 years, Some work orders and payment receipts as well. I also attached some screenshots of my spotify artist profile where and other platforms.

I have 2 main things i am really scared about, one is that they wont treat this self employed/freelance work experience as a genuine reason for gap in my studies.

Second is which is the MAIN one!!!
I made a quick resume to showcase some achievements in my music career and showcase the freelance work timeline as well. There I made a clerical error and typed (2021-current year) instead of 2020- current year) in one of the sections where i stated that i worked with various artists as clients on music projects.

Should i raise a webform for this error in a resume ? I made this resume just for the application so this error missed my attention while arranging documents. All other documents like my bank statements, ITR, LOR, and all the immigration documents (imm forms) which were mandatory are completely Correct. its just this one resume where i mistyped 2021 instead of 2020

if anyone got a study visa after showing freelance experience here, please share some valuable details here with me, I have financed everything on this visa journey myself through my savings and i am scared that they will refuse for not having actual job experience and this one slight error on resume

Last edited: