+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

A question & Need a piece of advice!

Wall_e

Dec 5, 2017
Have a question & Need a piece of advice!

I am an inland Mpnp applicant and got AOR on March 17, 2019. I will also be eligible to apply for CEC (Express entry) at the end of July, which I would apply along with my Mpnp application as Express will save me 6-8 months.

• I got married last month and want to know how would I go about updating it on my Mpnp file? Should I add my wife on MPNP application or should I wait till this July and apply together in Express entry? I want to avoid paying PR fee twice (MPNP & Express) as it is staggering $1100 ish.
  • If I go with the option of not adding her on MPNP file, do I have to check mark "not accompanying" while updating my marital status so I do not have to pay PR fee and still can update CIC with my marital status? How would I go about doing that?
  • I am optimistic about CEC route as I calculated my points and getting around 480 ish. But in case if this does not work out, can I add my wife back to MPNP she can still get PR at the same time as I do. If Yes, what is the latest point in the PNP process where you can add your spouse in and can still get COPR at the same point?
Thanks in advance.