+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

A FEW QUESTIONS

Nicola1985

Dec 6, 2007
hi there i am new to the forum so hi, and how great it is to find this website :)

I am planning to Immigrate to Edmonton in Canada and i i am going through the Apllication process. I understand that there is a points system. I have been a skilled worker for 5 years, and i have the advantage that i am 22 years of age.

I understand that if you get a job before you apply for the application that adds 10 points on. I also understand that your second native language is French, of which i also have experience of.

I studied GCSE French at high school and i got a D grade how does this go towards the points system no, basic, moderate, or high. If for instance it was moderate would this be enough evidence to enclose a copy of my examination certifacte with the application form? or would i have to do a complete retest for your process.

Also if that was the case if i was to go to college and study French to enhance my French further for your and my own benifits, also would this add points?

if i was to get a job interview would this add points? and also if i was to get a job interview and i didnt get a job would this still add points?

if i was to have arranged employment i understand this would add 10 points. I don't quite understand the section under Adaptivity which you gain 5 points for arranged employment, what is the difference between the fact they both are arranged employment yet you gain 10, and 5 for the other?

i would appreciate if you could help, i need to be with my friends who are going to Edmonton around Feb 2008 as they have work offers already, also they want to help me out, and so of which help me find a job.

Thank you

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

Nicola1985 said:
hi there i am new to the forum so hi, and how great it is to find this website :)

I am planning to Immigrate to Edmonton in Canada and i i am going through the Apllication process. I understand that there is a points system. I have been a skilled worker for 5 years, and i have the advantage that i am 22 years of age.

I understand that if you get a job before you apply for the application that adds 10 points on. I also understand that your second native language is French, of which i also have experience of.

I studied GCSE French at high school and i got a D grade how does this go towards the points system no, basic, moderate, or high. If for instance it was moderate would this be enough evidence to enclose a copy of my examination certifacte with the application form? or would i have to do a complete retest for your process.

Also if that was the case if i was to go to college and study French to enhance my French further for your and my own benifits, also would this add points?

if i was to get a job interview would this add points? and also if i was to get a job interview and i didnt get a job would this still add points?

if i was to have arranged employment i understand this would add 10 points. I don't quite understand the section under Adaptivity which you gain 5 points for arranged employment, what is the difference between the fact they both are arranged employment yet you gain 10, and 5 for the other?

i would appreciate if you could help, i need to be with my friends who are going to Edmonton around Feb 2008 as they have work offers already, also they want to help me out, and so of which help me find a job.

Thank you
1. Have you taken the assessment at http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/assess/index.asp ?
2. Unless you have a degree or completed an apprenticeship, you are going to have difficulties making 67 points.
3. To count your french you will need to take the TEF.
4. If you wish to work in Canada prior to PR you need to find an employer who is able to obtain an LMO (Labour Market Opinion) from HRSDC that there are no Canadians/PR available for the work and they have advertised extensively. If you don't work until you get PR you will need an Arranged Employement Option (AEO) where the employer submits an application to HRSDC stating that he/she will employ you once you are a PR. This gives you 10 points.
5. Your job experience must fall into Category A, B, or O on the NOC scale. See: http://www23.hrdc-drhc.gc.ca/2001/e/generic/welcome.shtml to be considered skilled work.
6. An interview adds no points.
7. Since a skilled worker application will take years, you won't be going with your friends.
8. Is it possible that your friends are going on a 1 year working holiday visa? Depending on your age and your residence, you maybe eligible for one.

PMM