+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

[911] I really need help!

michen00

Mar 18, 2019
Hi everyone, I have a question, can you help?

I am currently holding PSWP, I graduated from business program in Alberta, Canada. However, I have enough working experience based on hours as a LINE COOK in the restaurant, and I got the employment letter from Employer said I have been working part time since 2016 till now (2019)

Can I start my Express Entry application? or I am not qualified based on the work requirement? Do the education and work have to be related?

Thank you so much

michen00

Mar 18, 2019
Work and Educational Background need not be related. Hope that helps. Good Luck!
May i ask if this job is be the job I am currently working, although I have more than 1 year working experience. If I move on with a new job, am I still qualified for Express Entry with line cook job?

Holyange

Aug 17, 2018
If your NOC is 6322, you can apply because the employment requirements for that NOC don't prevent you from applying Good Luck. According to the link shared by @Melchett, only secondary school is usually required for that NOC. You seems to have a university degree so you are good to go.

artificial.nocturne

Jan 25, 2018
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
May i ask if this job is be the job I am currently working, although I have more than 1 year working experience. If I move on with a new job, am I still qualified for Express Entry with line cook job?
You just need minimum of one year of full-time work experience to qualify for EE/FSW, may it be in any field. Read the guidlines for what qualifies for a one year full-time work experience on CIC website.

michen00

Mar 18, 2019
Keep in mind that any work experience you gained while schooling in Canada does not count.
Damn. I started working in kitchen since 2016 part time. I graduated in June 2018. I were working while I am in school. So it is not counted? Do you know where I can find the source?

artificial.nocturne

Jan 25, 2018
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
Damn. I started working in kitchen since 2016 part time. I graduated in June 2018. I were working while I am in school. So it is not counted? Do you know where I can find the source?
It won’t be counted because surely it wasn’t full time. You need to work a set number of hours weekly to make it full-time. The hours you worked will surely be less than that number. Moreover I am sure Canada laws only allows a set limit of hours that can be worked by a full-time student hence making your work experience part-time.

zardoz

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2013
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
16-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
31-07-2013
LANDED..........
09-11-2013
It won’t be counted because surely it wasn’t full time. You need to work a set number of hours weekly to make it full-time. The hours you worked will surely be less than that number. Moreover I am sure Canada laws only allows a set limit of hours that can be worked by a full-time student hence making your work experience part-time.
Not quite true. Part time hours (<30 per week) are accumulated towards the total required, but only if not in school.

This is for CEC.

One year of skilled work experience

Your experience must be at least:

• One year of full-time work
    • 30 hours/week for 12 months = 1 year full time (1,560 hours), or
  • equal amount in part-time hours, such as:
    • 15 hours/week for 24 months = 1 year full time (1,560 hours)
    • 30 hours/week for 12 months at more than 1 job = 1 year full time (1,560 hours)
For part-time work, you can work more or less than 15 hours/week as long as it adds up to 1,560 hours.

We don’t count any hours you work above 30 hours/week.

Reactions: artificial.nocturne

zardoz

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2013
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
16-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
31-07-2013
LANDED..........
09-11-2013
Sure.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/express-entry/eligibility/canadian-experience-class.html

Self-employment and student work experience

Self-employment and work experience gained while you were a full-time student (such as a co-op work term) doesn’t count under this program.