+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

70 yr old marrying 59 yr old *MUST READ*Intresting

kid800

Jun 18, 2009
Hello all,

***I am a new user here and dont know nothing about immigration and wanted to post this thread into the family sponsorship header but there was no option for new topic or thread so i am going to type in here appologize for this, if adminstrator feels this thread can be moved into family sponsorship that'll be helpful for me.

here is the situation a senior canadian citizen who is 71 yrs old divorced wants to marry a women who is 59 yrs old, women living overseas but guy have met women in past 8 months and her relative and wants to marry her to bring her to canada, here are lists of my questions are.***

1) Does CIC accepts arrange marriages through relatives in this age?

2) Does CIC accepts marriage via marriage beruae?

3) Does he need to show income to bring his wife into canada? or something like souce of income where he gets his money to support him self or his wife? or a co-sponsor or a freind who can type a letter indicating that he'll be supporting both of them?

4) How long will it take to issue a visa for his wife time limit by years or months?

5) How many applications are there number of applications needs to be filed out by wife living outside canada?

6) Is it faster to apply for his wife inside canada or should he apply from her home country? monts time limits?

7) Also he's on some income in canada dont know which income but i've also heard if you are on govt welfare program you wont be able to bring spouse into canada is that true? and if so, how long should he wait to apply for his wife after getting off completely from govt welfare program?

8) Will it hurt her case because she once applied for visit visa back in 06 which was rejected due to family ties in u.s even though it was u.s not in canada?

9) What are the chances like can he appeal incase of rejected? are there any difference if his wife gets rejected if applying from canada or applying from her home country? benefits of damage?

10) age factor in both individuals how does CIC views it, i also heard this much difference doesnt bother much.

**Please reply back if some one have any knowledge or are going through similiar situations and i am really really sorry for the big loads of questions all in once, Thanks in adavance deeply appreciated if i see some replies thanks alot :)**

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
1. They have to convince immigration that it's a real marriage and not just for her to get PR.

2. I do not understand the word beruae

3. No, he does not have to prove income to sponsor a spouse but he can not be on welfare.

4. It depends on where she lives but could be anywhere from 4 months to a year.

5. I never counted. If they go to the immigration website and print out the application package and read the instructions, they will see how many. If they do not feel comfortable filling out their own forms, they can get a consultant or lawyer to do it for them.

6. Outside Canada is normally faster but she can not apply from inside Canada unless she is in Canada. If she is not in Canada already and is not from a visa exempt country, it will be very hard for her to get a temporary visa saying she is going to Canada to get married.

7. He should call CIC and ask if his benefits are considered welfare or not.

8. Being denied for a visit visa to the US will not affect her immigration to Canada.

9. If they apply inside Canada and there are questions about their case, it will be sent to local office without first stage approval and they will have to wait for the local office to look at it which may take an extra year or 3 depending on how busy they are. The whole time, she would have to sit in Canada without a work permit and without being able to travel and without health care. If they were denied from inside, she would have to leave and they could apply outside. If they apply outside and are denied, they may appeal, takes about a year.

10. I don't think 12 years is a big deal.