+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

4 months waiting for police certificate from Mexico now

jones89

Feb 6, 2015
I am at my wits ends, I can't take it anymore. Canadian embassy in Mexico is ignoring my emails and there's no phone number for visa section.

If I had known, I would have just flown there myself.

wsmolind

Star Member
Nov 4, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi Jones,

Sorry to hear that! I'm from Mexico myself and know how inneficient every single government process can be. My background check just got started last week. I'm currently waiting for the request letter from Canadian Immigration to send along with my fingerprints and pictures.

Would you mind telling us a bit more of how you proceeded? I have some friends who already went through the process, maybe they have some advice and maybe you could help us avoid a similar situation in the future. Perhaps I should start getting ready to fly there myself as well, then!

Thanks!

jones89

Feb 6, 2015
wsmolind said:
Hi Jones,

Sorry to hear that! I'm from Mexico myself and know how inneficient every single government process can be. My background check just got started last week. I'm currently waiting for the request letter from Canadian Immigration to send along with my fingerprints and pictures.

Would you mind telling us a bit more of how you proceeded? I have some friends who already went through the process, maybe they have some advice and maybe you could help us avoid a similar situation in the future. Perhaps I should start getting ready to fly there myself as well, then!

Thanks!
Hey,
I don't think you can do anything to avoid the wait if you do it via Canadian Embassy in Mexico. I really regret that I haven't flown from Toronto myself to Mexico City and got it sorted, I'd have paid them some money to speed up the process too (I've lived in Mexico and I know you can do that lol).

Just standtard procedure, I got a letter asking for PC from Mexico, went to have my photos and fingerprints taken, sent everything off to Visa Section in Mexico City with Fedex signed delivery. And I'm waiting. Already got one extension from CIC as they are taking their sweet time.

If you have any specific questions I'll be happy to answer.

ADRIANMR

Star Member
Apr 10, 2018
Hey,
I don't think you can do anything to avoid the wait if you do it via Canadian Embassy in Mexico. I really regret that I haven't flown from Toronto myself to Mexico City and got it sorted, I'd have paid them some money to speed up the process too (I've lived in Mexico and I know you can do that lol).

Just standtard procedure, I got a letter asking for PC from Mexico, went to have my photos and fingerprints taken, sent everything off to Visa Section in Mexico City with Fedex signed delivery. And I'm waiting. Already got one extension from CIC as they are taking their sweet time.

If you have any specific questions I'll be happy to answer.
How long took you to get it ?