+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

2nd X-Ray After coming to Canada

frog921

Jul 16, 2024
I applied for my study permit on May 24, 2024, completed my biometrics on June 13, and received a medical request on the same day. On June 14, 2024, I completed my medical examination. After my medical examination, I was asked to undergo a TB test by the International Organization for Migration (IOM) due to a suspected abnormality on the X-ray. This result was surprising, as neither I nor my family have any history of TB.

Later I obtained a total of four additional X-rays from different diagnostic centers . All four reports indicated that my lung fields are clear and there is no sign of TB. Additionally, I underwent a Smear Test and the result was negative. the Smear Test/Gene Xpert Test conducted by IOM came out negative.

When I requested medical center recheck and amend their decision, they informed me that the X-ray report is checked by the CIC, not by them . They even claimed to have sent my X-ray to the USA for further examination when I called them, which is untrue. The radiologist at medical center is responsible for the erroneous identification of a potential abnormality in my X-ray, not the CIC. Based on the initial report submitted by the panel doctors, the RMO from the Delhi High Commission sent me the mail for further TB testing.

In the last email from medical center, it was mentioned that the radiologist found “FIBRO-NODULAR OPACITIES AT APEX OF BOTH UPPER ZONE.” It is improbable that reports from four diagnostic centers would all indicate one thing while that report suggests another.

My classes start on September 4th, with only one intake per year in the fall. Missing this session would delay my studies until September 2025, which is too late. My culture test result is due on August 16th, and the final X-ray is scheduled for September 14th, making it impossible for me to join by then.

Now my question is, is it possible to conduct the second X-ray upon arriving in Canada, provided that my culture test results are negative for TB.

rcincanada2019

Champion Member
Jan 14, 2023
Ontario
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
App. Filed.......
03-07-2022
Nomination.....
30-03-2022
AOR Received.
03-11-2022
I applied for my study permit on May 24, 2024, completed my biometrics on June 13, and received a medical request on the same day. On June 14, 2024, I completed my medical examination. After my medical examination, I was asked to undergo a TB test by the International Organization for Migration (IOM) due to a suspected abnormality on the X-ray. This result was surprising, as neither I nor my family have any history of TB.

Later I obtained a total of four additional X-rays from different diagnostic centers . All four reports indicated that my lung fields are clear and there is no sign of TB. Additionally, I underwent a Smear Test and the result was negative. the Smear Test/Gene Xpert Test conducted by IOM came out negative.

When I requested medical center recheck and amend their decision, they informed me that the X-ray report is checked by the CIC, not by them . They even claimed to have sent my X-ray to the USA for further examination when I called them, which is untrue. The radiologist at medical center is responsible for the erroneous identification of a potential abnormality in my X-ray, not the CIC. Based on the initial report submitted by the panel doctors, the RMO from the Delhi High Commission sent me the mail for further TB testing.

In the last email from medical center, it was mentioned that the radiologist found “FIBRO-NODULAR OPACITIES AT APEX OF BOTH UPPER ZONE.” It is improbable that reports from four diagnostic centers would all indicate one thing while that report suggests another.

My classes start on September 4th, with only one intake per year in the fall. Missing this session would delay my studies until September 2025, which is too late. My culture test result is due on August 16th, and the final X-ray is scheduled for September 14th, making it impossible for me to join by then.

Now my question is, is it possible to conduct the second X-ray upon arriving in Canada, provided that my culture test results are negative for TB.
Same thing happened to me. IOM's report says there is an anomaly in my x-ray. Even required me to do sputum test and skin test. IOM submitted my medical to IRCC before I did my second x-ray with them. Second x-ray still finds an anomaly. I got a medical surveillance from IRCC, requiring me to contact the ministry of health when I arrive in Canada. I did another x-ray in Canada and the Canadian clinic said they were surprised why I got a medical surveillance considering that my x-ray was crystal clear. Ontario Ministry of Health cleared me from the TB anomaly after that x-ray.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017

No you’ll not be able to do your 2nd x-ray in Canada and won’t get a study permit until the 2nd x-ray is read by IRCC. This could all take many months.