+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

22 months passed IRCC didn't make decision on PR application

nomanahmed123

Jan 18, 2021
Dear All,

Hope you all will be well; Today I need very urgent advice and suggestion from you guys and will really appreciate to all who can give best advice to me as per your knowledge and experiences.

My Action
IRCC replied
I got NLPNP and applied for PR on17-Sep-2022 from Saudi Arabia.AOR and Invitation to pre-arrival services on 24-Jan-2023.
I traveled to Canada 12-Feb-2023 on work permit-
Today is 25-July-2024 and IRCC didn’t make decision on my PR application, status showing on Tracker that background check in progress.
On 21-Sep-2023 got GCMS notes.Criminality check in progress and Info Sharing in progress and Medical not started
Received EmailOn 27-Oct-2023, Received email from cic-etobicoke-immigration@cic.gc.ca that “Thank you for contacting our office. Please be advised that your case is in progress with an officer. You will be contacted if any additional documents or an interview is required.
Thank you for your patience.
CIC Etobicoke Immigration”
Raised Webform to know the status in Feb-2024Thank you for contacting Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC).
We verified the information you provided regarding your permanent residence application and have forwarded it to the responsible office.
They will contact you if further information is required or if a decision is made on your application.
We hope the information provided is helpful in assisting you with your enquiry.
Involved local MP from Feb-2024 to May-2024, and last reply isI hope you are well. I have been in contact with the IRCC. They have stated that your criminality is currently in progress. Your medical and eligibility will be next to begin. They have stated that there are no outstanding documents needed and your patience is greatly appreciated. You will be provided additional information as soon as it becomes available.
On 30-Mar-2024 got another GCMS notesSame status: Criminality check in progress and Info Sharing in progress, Medical not started
Again, Raised Webform to know the status of the application on Jul-2024.We verified the information you provided and can confirm that your application is still in process.

All the required documents and information have been received by the responsible office for the moment.

Rest assured that we understand how important this process is for you and we are making all the necessary efforts to finalize your application as soon as possible. We will inform you once a decision is reached or if additional information is needed.

JuhatmaRhdn

Star Member
Nov 1, 2021
Well, we can't see all the details of your GCMS notes, but it seems to be that you are undergoing Enhanced Security Screening. If that is the case, then this delay is to be expected as this form of security check takes a very long time.

Now, other than waiting, the only resource you seem to have available to you, is a Writ of Mandamus. You may want to talk to a lawyer if you want to consider this route. Under the right circumstances, they can be effective in moving stuck applications along.

CanGoldDigger

Feb 17, 2024
Ottawa
Please don't decide on Writ of Mandamus. It's a waste of time and money, and your decision most likely will be made long before you finish the process with Writ of Mandamus.

Miss bee

VIP Member
Mar 24, 2020
Well, we can't see all the details of your GCMS notes, but it seems to be that you are undergoing Enhanced Security Screening. If that is the case, then this delay is to be expected as this form of security check takes a very long time.

Now, other than waiting, the only resource you seem to have available to you, is a Writ of Mandamus. You may want to talk to a lawyer if you want to consider this route. Under the right circumstances, they can be effective in moving stuck applications along.
First thing is ordering your GCMS notes . It will show all details and what’s going on with your application.