+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

20 hour limit

stefano1805

Nov 18, 2021
Hello, I have the following questions:
1) if I work regular 20 hours, and I receive stat pay for a day I DID NOT WORK, my total pay will be equivalent to 27.5 hours. Is this ok? Or should I keep my payroll under 20 hours INCLUDING the stat pay?
2) if I get paid vacations, does this count towards the 20 hour limit? As I said, I will not be working, but I will be getting paid. This is one of the benefits from the bank I work
3) if my reading break lasts 3 days, can I work full time during the week? Or can I work full time during those 3 days (8 hours total) and for the rest of the week only 20 hours?

forevermore76

May 19, 2024
Hello, I have the following questions:
1) if I work regular 20 hours, and I receive stat pay for a day I DID NOT WORK, my total pay will be equivalent to 27.5 hours. Is this ok? Or should I keep my payroll under 20 hours INCLUDING the stat pay?
2) if I get paid vacations, does this count towards the 20 hour limit? As I said, I will not be working, but I will be getting paid. This is one of the benefits from the bank I work
3) if my reading break lasts 3 days, can I work full time during the week? Or can I work full time during those 3 days (8 hours total) and for the rest of the week only 20 hours?
1. Stat pay is either time and a half or double time and a half, either ways you have nothing to worry as it's still counted as 20 hrs. You get paid more hourly.
2. As part time, you normally get 4% vacation pay which doesn't count towards your hours.
3. You can work full-time during scheduled breaks. If it's 3 days, you work 3 days. Don't push it as it can come back later and haunt you. Not worth few hundred bucks you will make in those "4" extra days.