+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

2 Year Student Visa Ban?

jhend34

Mar 13, 2011
Hi everyone. I applied for a student visa to Canada back in 2008, but one of the documents in my application was deemed as "fake" and thus I received a 2 year ban on applying for any type of visa to Canada. Almost 3 years have past since I was first banned and almost 1 and 1/2 year since the last date of my ban. My question is, if I ever apply for a student visa again, will there be any chance I get accepted and furthermore will I need a lawyer/attorney to file my application. Also, if there are any cases of people that you know that have had this happen to them and got a visa to go to Canada, please let me know. And please, no hateful/rude comments. I know what I did might have been wrong, but we all make mistakes, and I have surely learned from mine. Thanks.

macthepak

Feb 13, 2011
Re: student visa rejected,will apply again,,,good idea?

Hi. Everyone makes mistakes some of us get away with it others get caught like yourself. You move on. I just want to ask you why do you want to study in canada after what happened previously? Its a big world out there why canada? In my mind i get the feeling you have ulterior motives other than being a genuine student. The vo will think the same and put your application under the microscope.

nazia2k

Mar 9, 2011
You will know the outcome until you apply. You had already shown your desperation of going to Canada By showing non genuine docs. You will have to come back to your country after studies. Most probably your may be refused again. Try other country if you can. If u had no other option except canada then by all means reapply you will have got nothing to lose. No lawyer or expert can help you in your application when there is a dark spot on your file. It us upto to you to present your case in an honest way and with proper documentation.

G-l

Oct 9, 2018
Hi everyone. I applied for a student visa to Canada back in 2008, but one of the documents in my application was deemed as "fake" and thus I received a 2 year ban on applying for any type of visa to Canada. Almost 3 years have past since I was first banned and almost 1 and 1/2 year since the last date of my ban. My question is, if I ever apply for a student visa again, will there be any chance I get accepted and furthermore will I need a lawyer/attorney to file my application. Also, if there are any cases of people that you know that have had this happen to them and got a visa to go to Canada, please let me know. And please, no hateful/rude comments. I know what I did might have been wrong, but we all make mistakes, and I have surely learned from mine. Thanks.
hey did you applied again and what happened?