+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

1Y continuous experience for EE FSW profile

1alice1

Jan 30, 2023
Hello,

After graduating university, I had my first job at one of Big 4 accounting firms, without a CPA. I supported auditing, internal control, etc. and my job title was "Assistant-Associate", and we were more like an accounting consultant, helping clients set up internal controls through interviews and stuff. I also did a lot of document translation and research/administrative work.

Then, I moved to a well-known bank, through its own university graduate program. So basically I'll rotate between teams under corporate banking, and get deployed to one of those teams after a year. The work I'm doing here is like what interns usually do (tons of research and paper documentation, administrative work, etc).

Therefore, I think I can use this NOC code for both jobs.
12113 - Statistical officers and related research support occupations

Could anyone please kindly check whether my NOC code is okay? I know that there are other codes specifically for accountants and financial analysts, but I do not have any of required licenses (CPA, CFA, etc.), and since I am just a recent uni graduate, I thought 12113 code fits me better.

Also, in between my first full-time and second full-time job, there is about 3 weeks gap..
i.e) worked until August 5th on my first job, started my second job on September 1st.

Will this still be allowed as 1 year of continuous work under same NOC? I worked for 10 months on my first job and worked more than 5 months on my current job.

Thank you in advance!

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Hello,

After graduating university, I had my first job at one of Big 4 accounting firms, without a CPA. I supported auditing, internal control, etc. and my job title was "Assistant-Associate", and we were more like an accounting consultant, helping clients set up internal controls through interviews and stuff. I also did a lot of document translation and research/administrative work.

Then, I moved to a well-known bank, through its own university graduate program. So basically I'll rotate between teams under corporate banking, and get deployed to one of those teams after a year. The work I'm doing here is like what interns usually do (tons of research and paper documentation, administrative work, etc).

Therefore, I think I can use this NOC code for both jobs.
12113 - Statistical officers and related research support occupations

Could anyone please kindly check whether my NOC code is okay? I know that there are other codes specifically for accountants and financial analysts, but I do not have any of required licenses (CPA, CFA, etc.), and since I am just a recent uni graduate, I thought 12113 code fits me better.

Also, in between my first full-time and second full-time job, there is about 3 weeks gap..
i.e) worked until August 5th on my first job, started my second job on September 1st.

Will this still be allowed as 1 year of continuous work under same NOC? I worked for 10 months on my first job and worked more than 5 months on my current job.

Thank you in advance!
Your job must be continuous for one year. Too much gap between 1st and 2nd job, a couple of days is okay but not almost a month.

NOC is based on responsibilities not title so match your job responsibilities to the NOC.