+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

1st time application some confusion

naffy

Feb 16, 2010
Hello
I want to apply under the category of skilled worker to canada. I am confuse as to whether i should send proof of fund along with my application or wait until the immigration officer process my application and if it get approve then send my proof of fund. Also i have done my IELTS in april 2007 and have scored a 6.5. Can i still use this to show my level of English or should i get a recent IELTS certificate.

Thanks

accounts

Aug 4, 2009
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
28-12-2010
LANDED..........
August 6 2010
naffy said:
Hello
I want to apply under the category of skilled worker to canada. I am confuse as to whether i should send proof of fund along with my application or wait until the immigration officer process my application and if it get approve then send my proof of fund. Also i have done my IELTS in april 2007 and have scored a 6.5. Can i still use this to show my level of English or should i get a recent IELTS certificate.

Thanks
If you are sending your application to Nova Scotia, then no need of sending them now

domingo

Jan 20, 2009
naffy said:
Hello

Thanks
You have to submit proof of funds now and will also require to show funds at the time of finalization of case.

You need to appear in IELTS (GENERAL) again as the old one is no longer valid for the purpose of Canadian Immigration.

I hope this helps.

ruka

Apr 7, 2008
Visa Office......
Colombo, Sri Lanka
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
10/02/2010 (old)
Doc's Request.
16/04/2010 (old)
AOR Received.
11/08/2010 (old)
File Transfer...
20/04/2010 (old)
Reg IELTS, it should be less than one year old at the time of applying to CHC. for your initial application you needn't have the IELTS score. But CIO advices to sit before applying as you can have a concrete idea about the points.

I don't think we have to show proof of fund when applying to CIO. you just have to mention the amount you wish to show in the application.

I didn't include any proof in my pack either.

seniors pls comment.

naffy

Feb 16, 2010
Thanks all for your reply. This means when sending my application form, i only need to mention my level of English without sending my IELTS result. Is it only when my application is being process that i'll need to show my IELTS result. Am i correct or should this be included when applying and sending the form the first time? What about the proof of fund do i need to mention and later show proof of fund?

Please help...

CAPRI

Feb 13, 2010
RUKA is right ,just mention fund ,no need to send proof of fund at this stage .thats it

naffy

Feb 16, 2010
Hello again

RUKA said that for initial application you dont need to present IELTS result. However, in Schedule 3 under section Economic classes-Federal Skilled Worker no.6 It did ask about language and provide copy of approved test result. This is where am confused and if someone can help me plzzzzzzzzzzzzzz. I want to know whether i should take the exams before applying or can i send my application and if everything goes on well then i can go and take the test.

To take the test is not a problem. I only want to take it when everything is ok and am nearer to go.

Thanks and your help is much apreciated.

barsindoo

Champion Member
Jul 7, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Booked for the test now but send your application asap. The test can then be taken on the scheduled before AOR.

rameena

Dec 16, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
LONDON
NOC Code......
4131, 4141
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
2-12-2009 ( SYDNEY)
Doc's Request.
8-02-2010 -- 1st AOR
naffy said:
Hello again

RUKA said that for initial application you dont need to present IELTS result. However, in Schedule 3 under section Economic classes-Federal Skilled Worker no.6 It did ask about language and provide copy of approved test result. This is where am confused and if someone can help me plzzzzzzzzzzzzzz. I want to know whether i should take the exams before applying or can i send my application and if everything goes on well then i can go and take the test.

To take the test is not a problem. I only want to take it when everything is ok and am nearer to go.

Thanks and your help is much apreciated.
Tick The Box" NO", means you have not taken IELTS so for. Write a letter of 3 or 4 sentences that you will appear in IELTS in future once your application being recommended by CIO for further Process to your Local Visa Office. I did the same, and everything went Fine.